• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prescott

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prescott

Listening to him on Today now.

What a complete buffoon of a man. I feel aggrieved and insulted that he somehow represents me and my country. His butchery of the English language really is something else. I'd be interested to see a transcript of the interview....

stab stab stabbity stab of the highest order
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
      stab stab stabbity stab of the highest order

He should be beheaded. Stabbing is too good for him.

Comment

Don't stab him! Leave him where he is!

He is a beacon of what Labour is all about, and every time he speaks or is in the news, it reminds people.

Comment

Ah Wendy, well done. Someone else who recognises what needs to happen. Too many people around here are calling for Blair or Prescott to go. NO! What we need is for Blair and Prescott to cling on to the bitter end, fighting to hold on to power every step of the way, covering themselves in sleaze and controversy. Last thing people looking for a change of government need is for Prescott to fall on his sword now (all forgotten about in two weeks time) and Blair to step down on his 10th anniversary, handing over power in an orderly manner leaving plenty of time for his successor to settle in.

Blair and Prescott, you stick to your guns. Your country needs you.

Comment

I agree with you Lucifer. There is a 'but' though.

Blair will go before the next Gen Election. What the Tories I suspect want to avoid is for Brown to come into the election as PM, still within his honeymoon period.

And that means Brown taking over at least a year before the election, preferably before that.

If they could get Prescott's scalp, that would, according to most political pundits, precipitate a leadership contest too, with Brown becoming PM before or around the time of the Labour conference.

The longer Brown is the PM, the more likely the electorate, notably middle England, will say, 'No bloody way'.

Comment

Another thing to look at is the possibility of Brown holding a snap election catching the Tories unawares... that would be to liebour's advantage.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Normally I would agree with stabbety stab but in Prescot's case that might not be pleasant. The old joke about the monkey trying to put the cork back springs to mind.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The UK media go on about corruption in countries like China and yet we the public allow slippery characters like Prescott to hand over the nations assets in exchange for favours. He should go to prison for life, or do what they do in China and hang corrupt politicians.
                  HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

I heard a bloke on the radio today saying that, whenever he hears anything about Prescott, it reminds him of how much worse the Tories were.

There is still a lot of work to do before reality reaches the idiot end of the electorate.

Comment

Working...
                    X