• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dial 111

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dial 111

Developed an excruciating toothache last night. Called local dentists just now for appt. - we don't do emergencies they say, call 111. Never heard of that but do so.
    Get some NHS bloke who asks me if I've overdosed on painkillers. No I say, took some but followed the instructions. Can you talk he says? I'm talking to you aren't I, i say. Can you walk? yes I can [fooking I think] walk (voice rising). What symptoms have you got. A [foookinnggg] excruciating pain in my jaw. What other symptoms? None, FFS. have you had anything like this before? FFS FFS FFS FFS goes through my mind. What is you marital status? AARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!
    Finaly he says, about 15 minutes later, "From the information you have given me, I think you need to see a dentist in the next 24 hours". No farking tulip Sherlock you dim-witted waste of fooking space, piece of thick script-following tulip, you make a Bob call centre operative sound like farking Einstein.
    Your local dentist is xxxxxx, he says giving me the number of the dentist who had asked me to call 111 in the first place. AARRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The NHS. Dismantling it won't come too soon. mad
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Can't you afford private?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You need to write to the Daily Mail
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Can't you afford private?
        Private, NHS what's the distinction in an emergency. I just want a dentist who will see me.
        Found one as it goes and as am not registered I assume that will be a private consultation, which is fine by me.
        Point is if you haven't heard of 111 don't farking ring it, its a way of stopping NHS overcrowding by killing people by giving them high blood pressure.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
          About £200.
          Fine by me.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

111 is just a waste of money.

They read a script and at the end.
            1) Dial 999 or
            2) Go and see your GP / Dentist asap or
            3) Go and see your GP / Dentist at some point or
            4) It will cure itself

Google does it quicker!

Comment

We value your feedback on our services; would you be prepared to take the time to answer a few questions after this call, so we can continue improving our services for you?

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Your dentist does not do emergency appointments? That cannot be right.

I would be ditching them.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Your dentist does not do emergency appointments? That cannot be right.

I would be ditching them.
                  Not my dentist. When we moved here last year didn't bother registering. This was the nearest dentist.
                  Dentist I'm registered to (who is great) is now too far unfortunately (central london).
                  Find it strange they don't do emergencies either.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

In literally two seconds of searching I found this 24-hour emergency dentist in SW15, about a mile from Wandsworth where you live.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X