• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The NHS - time for a radical shake-up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NHS - time for a radical shake-up

It's just not working.
    Thousands of people are dying unnecessarily, the service is appalling, some of the people who work in it have an appalling sense of entitlement, there is massive waste (the 111 helpline for example ) the people who are funding it (middle class taxpayers) are being sidelined by the demands of chavs with lifestyle-choice health problems - go to any A&E at night if you think I'm exaggerating.

It's a farking joke.
    I don't mind paying privately (and London does have a very good all-private sector which I'm largely using at the moment) , but whatever component of tax and NI goes into the NHS should be refunded to people who want to opt out.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I don't mind paying privately (and London does have a very good all-private sector which I'm largely using at the moment) , but whatever component of tax and NI goes into the NHS should be refunded to people who want to opt out.
    Your sockie writers seem to have forgotten that you moved to a large house in Surrey, you don't live in London now.

HTH BIDI

Comment

It's just not working.
      Thousands of people are dying unnecessarily, the service is appalling, some of the people who work in it have an appalling sense of entitlement, there is massive waste (the 111 helpline for example ) the people who are funding it (middle class taxpayers) are being sidelined by the demands of chavs with lifestyle-choice health problems - go to any A&E at night if you think I'm exaggerating.

It's a farking joke.
      Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Your sockie writers seem to have forgotten that you moved to a large house in Surrey, you don't live in London now.

HTH BIDI
      Aye.. some storyline consistency needed

3/10
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post

3/10
        Same with cars. One minute he's just bought a Honda Accord, then it's morphed into a Toyota 86 or whatever that Hyundai lookalike is called, then it's a Subaru...

This is the problem with outsourcing sasguru to India.

Comment

HTH BIDI
          Originally posted by Troll View Post

3/10
          I know you're both thick and poor and therefore have to live up North with other people like yourselves, but even you should know that Surrey is in effect a large dormitory suburb for London and central London is accessible from many places within 30 minutes, which is better than some places on the tube network.

HTH, BIDI.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Same with cars. One minute he's just bought a Honda Accord, then it's morphed into a Toyota 86 or whatever that Hyundai lookalike is called, then it's a Subaru...

This is the problem with outsourcing sasguru to India.
            I have a Honda and the Gt86.
            What are you driving since your divorce, let me guess, an old BMW with shiny metal on the wheel arches to disguise the rust?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I have a Honda and the Gt86.
              What are you driving since your divorce, let me guess, an old BMW with shiny metal on the wheel arches to disguise the rust?
              No I'm driving an Aygo now.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                He has a little toothache, doesn't have a private dentist on hand like the rest of us and the NHS operator tells him to 'man up' the next thing he's wanting to dismantle the NHS.

What next? A squaddie gets served before him in the pub and he wants to get rid of the Armed Forces???
                Napoleon complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                  He has a little toothache, doesn't have a private dentist on hand like the rest of us and the NHS operator tells him to 'man up' the next thing he's wanting to dismantle the NHS.

What next? A squaddie gets served before him in the pub and he wants to get rid of the Armed Forces???
                  Ha bloody ha.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I think the whole problem with the NHS is that it's a lottery.

There are several things you can do to improve your odds (my wife used to manage a surgical unit in the NHS so we're pretty clued up), but in London the NHS is generally overloaded.

The NHS is trying to fill up a bucket with a hole in and the hole is too large for the bucket ever to get filled up. In my view we need to restrict the usage of the NHS to people with an NI number as a good starting point.

I went and saw my doctor 4 weeks ago, got a 19:00 appointment with no wait, got referred, have procedure (very minor and not serious enough to go private) this afternoon. It does work sometimes.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X