• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am Jabba the Hut

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am Jabba the Hut

Been trying to sort out private health care.

Nothing seriously wrong with me apart from being a bit big-boned.

WPA sounded good. Trouble is having BMI over 35 means you're excluded from a whole hosts of things inc heart disease, loads of cancers etc.

My fault for being such a lard-arse but they don't offer the option to pay a bit more of a premium for this. No kebab for me tonight I guess. Looks like I either have to lose weight or stretch myself a bit taller.

Any chubbers on this forum recommend private health insurance?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Spend the money on gym membership or liposuction instead.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I am Jabba the Hut

Have a leg or arse cheek amputated?

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Spend the money on gym membership or liposuction instead.
        Gym membership yeh. although no-one told me I had to actually go lol !

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Have a leg or arse cheek amputated?
          Was thinking about my 'old fella' but that would be a stone or two too much....

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Trouble is having BMI over 35 means you're excluded from a whole hosts of things inc heart disease, loads of cancers etc. ...
            and for the same reason I bet you'd be secretly shunted into the low-priority "might get round to him sometime" queue if you ever had the misfortune to have to rely on our wonderful NHS.

It's a scandal that big boned people like you and I have to pay the same National Insurance etc as everyone else, considering the substandard service we'd be given!
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              and for the same reason I bet you'd be secretly shunted into the low-priority "might get round to him sometime" queue if you ever had the misfortune to have to rely on our wonderful NHS.

It's a scandal that big boned people like you and I have to pay the same National Insurance etc as everyone else, considering the substandard service we'd be given!
              Given how much more looking after your portly frame costs I'd count yourself lucky to be paying the same. I'm subsidising your pie habit I am.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Neg rep duly left for this tedious sockie.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  Given how much more looking after your portly frame costs I'd count yourself lucky to be paying the same. I'm subsidising your pie habit I am.
                  Pie no. Kebab yes. Last kebab ever tonight!

Comment

I am Jabba the Hut

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Pie no. Kebab yes. Last kebab ever tonight!
                    No now! Or you'll be saying 'last one' for ever.

Kebab-ogolic!

Comment

Working...
                    X