• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just to be sure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to be sure

Opinions.

Quite simple, take the extension with ClientCo at the end of the month or run with Plan B?

Got a partner, funding and everything else in place and we both discussed today in depth taking the big step. Some business already in place to get the cash flow steady for a couple of months so that's the timeframe to generate more business.
    Me, me, me...

Sounds like you're ready to make plan B into plan A. Go for it.

Comment

Sounds like you've prepped plan B well and it's ready to launch, go for it

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        Sounds like you're ready to make plan B into plan A. Go for it.
        Originally posted by MarillionFan
        Plan B. if money isn't an issue then it's Plan B all the way.
        Originally posted by adubya View Post
        Sounds like you've prepped plan B well and it's ready to launch, go for it
        Squeeky bum time and just wanted reassurance

It feels right but to depart from the contractor role I've been doing for decades is a bit scary. I can always go back to it of course but to have that as a safety net might detract from putting in the serious effort it'll require to make it successful. Thursday next week will be life changing one way or the other.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

I made plan b into plan a 3 years ago. Would not go back. Go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Squeeky bum time and just wanted reassurance

It feels right but to depart from the contractor role I've been doing for decades is a bit scary. I can always go back to it of course but to have that as a safety net might detract from putting in the serious effort it'll require to make it successful. Thursday next week will be life changing one way or the other.
            Like I said, make plan B plan A. Change your focus so you put the same effort into it as you would your music or contract. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              Like I said, make plan B plan A. Change your focus so you put the same effort into it as you would your music or contract. Good luck.
              Cheers bunk!
              Me, me, me...

Comment

What could possibly go wrong?

Good luck with it
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Sounds good, AIUI you only need enough for Beer & tabs now so go for it!

All else fails you can strum your Ukele and become a Gigolo for rich lady contractors.

Plan A is keep my head down and get a few years on Oracle / SAP then become a grey haired consultant. I have the Grey already.

Plan B I'm not confident of yet.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Go for it. Good luck.

May the road rise before you and may the wind behind you be not your own
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X