• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

economic doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

economic doom

And with the US market closed the UK has lost its AAA rating. We are now just AA1 with Moody's. PR release here
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Nice one Gideon - that history degree is really paying off now

Comment

So what difference does it make?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        So what difference does it make?
        The pound might get battered next week.

Lining up my retirement trade.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post

Go ahead.

However, credit agencies merely reflect what the markets already say so sterlings drop over the last month was the market pricing the news in
          Last edited by eek; 23 February 2013, 07:52.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Time to man the lifeboats, Britain is sunk

I think this comment from the Telegraph says it all:

You'd think that after yet another reminder of their gormless, incompetent leadership of late, that Cameron and the trust fund lads and lasses would for once gain enough elementary insight to take the obvious steps the British public have been urging for 20 years now: halt the runaway immigration to our overcrowded island, crack down on our grossly abused asylum system, stop sending billions of £ to the corrupt governments in India and Bangladesh while pushing austerity for us, stop letting his crooked bankster mates siphon off our wealth and sell the rest of us down the river, stop offering child benefit and free council housing to every scammer and job-stealer from south of the equator, preserve our vanishing open spaces, stop outsourcing what's left of British industry to India while leaving our young generation to rot...

But it won't change. It never will. There is no "conservatism" in the major parties in its traditional sense, only the greed-filled, neocon, globalist corruption that masquerades as such. This is why the UK continues to be ruled by this grotesque alliance of short-sighted, cheap labour-obsessed big business and the Frankfurt School extreme Leftists, in the mould of the dangerous Antonio Gramsci. It's because our elites whatever their ideology on the surface crave the same thing: a full collapse of traditional British society, ties of blood and culture, and social cohesion, with them as the self-styled, cosmopolitan lords ruling over us Little Englander serfs in their minds. Our own elites are in bed with the neocon globalists in control of the United States, Barclay's hand-in-hand with Goldman Sachs looting the livelihoods of the mere commoners whom they so scorn. Cameron and Blair are from the same line of insulated, scornful aristocrats who ruled over the British Empire, who were themselves a direct line from the idle Norman bluebloods who've always seen the British masses as beneath them. Now they've taken their contempt one step further, scheming to get rid of our communities altogether.

The sad truth is that without a revolution, there's little we can do to fight back, we're too consumed by bare survival to do much more.

I myself am in Chile now and am surrounded by dozens of my mates from University, here in Valparaiso alone. Millions more of us are scattered about in South America, from Brazil to Argentina and Panama, Colombia to Ecuador, closer to home in Switzerland or Germany (where the countries truly value their native skilled labour) or the traditional exile haunts in France, Spain, Holland or Italy, still more of us in Dubai or China, Korea or Thailand.

This isn't what we wanted, but younger Britons in particular have no future in the UK because Cameron and the other Lib-Lab-Con sell-outs don't want us native Britons there. Especially those of who are technically trained and able to do useful work. We will never be the serfs they want, so they crush us with school loans and debt, flood our towns with millions more on our already crowded island, ship out the rest of our jobs to India and leave us with nothing.

We in the Diaspora are the productive core of Britain. We're engineers and other skilled types, we're making a good living whether we're in Chile or France or Switzerland, despite the stereotypes we blend in with our surroundings, speak Spanish or French or German or whatever we have to. This is what Britain, and England in particular, is losing as a direct result of the corrupt vampire elites who continue to drain the lifeblood of our nation.
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Go ahead.

However, credit agencies merely reflect what the markets already say so sterlings drop over the last month was the market pricing the news in
              WHS

I'm surprised we kept triple A as long as we did. There's not many left, even Germany is on triple A Negative.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                I think this comment from the Telegraph says it all:

You'd think that ... blah blah...
                It says feck all that hasn't been said by blokes down the pub for decades. I'm glad he's fecked off to Chile.

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 4 June 2022, 11:19.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post

I think you are replying to a Smiths song.

Comment

Working...
                    X