• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Let them eat horsemeat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let them eat horsemeat

It wasn't cheap when I was eating it in Europe however;

Germany's development minister has suggested food tainted with horsemeat should be distributed to the poor.

Linky

I've never eaten cheap, frozen processed 'food' but if I had to...

Would I? Depends on how hungry you are I suppose.
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

Germany's development minister has suggested food tainted with horsemeat should be distributed to the poor.

Linky

I am so old, that I remember a horse drawn ran 'n bone man, horse drawn coal wagon and a horse drawn beer drey cart. My uncle, Billy, used to drive the milk float.
    So , it seems a bit wrong to eat them, after all, he was my uncle. But the horses looked tastey

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

There's nowt wrong with a bit of horsemeat, provided it doesn't come from a dodgy source.

And no, it's not cheap in Europe, and commands up-market prices.

"Let them eat cake horse."
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        There's nowt wrong with a bit of horsemeat, provided it doesn't come from a dodgy source.
        What if it comes with some dodgy sauce?

Comment

Let them eat horsemeat...
          ... on the basis they've been eating it for a while anyway and not complained so far

Comment

Let them eat horsemeat

When I first read that headline I thought they'd made the (somewhat sensible) suggestion to start officially producing a budget horsemeat product range targeting those customers with less disposable cash to spend on premium meats.

Unfortunately that's not at all what they're proposing. Suggesting that poor people should consume the product of a seriously dodgy supply chain, where we still can't properly assess the origin or quality implications of the contamination, is pretty sick.

Comment

Linky

I like how the politicians are debating if the poor should be given the food or if it's an affront to their humanity, without simply asking them.

If you were genuinely poor you'd bite their hands off at the offer.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
                Unfortunately that's not at all what they're proposing. Suggesting that poor people should consume the product of a seriously dodgy supply chain, where we still can't properly assess the origin or quality implications of the contamination, is pretty sick.
                Much better they carry on starving and eating out of bins.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

yeah they were my thoughts when I heard the story --- 800 million people with not enough food and we are bitrching about a bit of horse meat which is probably going to be 99.999999999% safe.

seems to me that some people need to wake up n smell the roses.

Comment

Linky

Apparently they can't go ahead with that now as most of the 'tainted' meat has been sent back to the original suppliers...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X