• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it time to escape to a 3rd World tax haven?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it time to escape to a 3rd World tax haven?

English people who relocate to Wales could get tax breaks in bid to boost Welsh economy | Mail Online

Great! And the Welsh are so welcoming of the English too!

Comment

Mwahahaha it took about 5 years for them to accept me in the Valleys and I was born in Cardiff. Good luck with that
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Reminds me of a joke we used to tell when I was young:

English people buy a home in Wales and come home to a real fire (when the locals set fire to it)

Doubt it's changed much.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Great! And the Welsh are so welcoming of the English too!
          Aye... Man's skull smashed in 'English accent' attack
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

The Welsh have done something right, they charge the English to come into the country across the Severn Bridge but they let them out for free!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

A relative had police and social services colluding with her neighbours to try and persuade her to move out of her little village in north wales

It was cleverly done to appear like incompetence, but the intention was clear
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                The Welsh have done something right, they charge the English to come into the country across the Severn Bridge but they let them out for free!
                Considering how desperate the english are to leave wales, they'd be driving far too fast over the bridge in order to collect a toll..

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                  Mwahahaha it took about 5 years for them to accept me in the Valleys and I was born in Cardiff. Good luck with that
                  A guy at my previous client co (in Wales) spent ages slagging off the Welsh as 'sheep shaggers' and 'retards'. When the guys reminded him he was Welsh himself he pointed out he was 'from Cardiff so it doesn't count.'

I've lived over there for 10 years and rarely go 'above' the M4 ... it's bandit country up there.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                    A guy at my previous client co (in Wales) spent ages slagging off the Welsh as 'sheep shaggers' and 'retards'. When the guys reminded him he was Welsh himself he pointed out he was 'from Cardiff so it doesn't count.'

I've lived over there for 10 years and rarely go 'above' the M4 ... it's bandit country up there.
                    Doesn't count what a load of tripe, we refer to them as Valley commando's lol. I don't think it helped that I'm a shade darker than caramel, so I stood out a fair bit at first but I guess they're used to me now and no longer think I'm going to rob them.
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X