• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good to see the police doing a good job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see the police doing a good job

Revealed: The map of Britain which shows how many convicted paedophiles are on the run from your area after police lost track of them | Mail Online

FFS
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Glad to see none in darkest Bedfordshire

The South-West and Norfolk seem clear as well - must be the "tight-knit" communities they have.

Comment

So Sussex police have "lost" 6. Shame they didn't lose my speeding fine last year for doing 36 MPH on a 30 MPH country road, which was as straight as a gun barrel for miles and completely empty at the time!

After three months not hearing anything, I assumed they had forgotten about it and thought no more about it, until I received a letter from the magistrates court saying the fine had been raised from £60 to £300 as I hadn't turned up at court or volunteered for their all day speed awareness course!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        So Sussex police have "lost" 6. Shame they didn't lose my speeding fine last year for doing 36 MPH on a 30 MPH country road, which was as straight as a gun barrel for miles and completely empty at the time!

After three months not hearing anything, I assumed they had forgotten about it and thought no more about it, until I received a letter from the magistrates court saying the fine had been raised from £60 to £300 as I hadn't turned up at court or volunteered for their all day speed awareness course!
        That sounds like a bargain. Does that include the criminal injuries surcharge that motorists have to pay victims of assault and abuse by pedos
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I can't say I'm very worried about criminals on the run from my area. I'd be much more worried about the number on the run to my area.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

It is not really a map of Britain is it.

Comment

Children's charity the NSPCC has called for a system which makes it impossible for sex offenders to 'vanish'.
              I've got an idea. What about a nice solidly constructed building with locks on the doors and bars on the windows?
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                I've got an idea. What about a nice solidly constructed building with locks on the doors and bars on the windows?
                Like that maybe we can call it

Juvenile Assault Incarcerate for Life.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

So the question is "how many" and the answer is "hardly any". Your average county has 1-2. What about all those who are never caught or reported, which must be 100X as high? Or all the murderers, rapists, etc...

Also...
                  Fears many child sex offenders may have left the country
                  Shouldn't that be "Hopes"?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    Or glue a helium balloon to their head.

Er, on a bit of string, obviously.

Comment

Working...
                    X