• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am an atheist.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am an atheist.

I am an atheist.
    I believe that many heads of religion are also atheist and they use their position for their own ends however, they are not as scary as those religious leads who actually believe in God.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

I am not an atheist, and I believe you are partially right. The scary religious leaders are those who believe God has mandated them to do things and therefore they're not accountable to anyone.

Those religious leaders who believe God has mandated them to do good things, and allow themselves to be accountable to others, are not scary.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      The scary religious leaders are those who believe God has mandated them to do things and therefore they're not accountable to anyone.
      Tony Blair comes to mind.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Tony Blair comes to mind.
        Yes. Though he's a leader who's religious rather than a leader of the religious.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          I am an atheist.
          Religious nutter
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            The scary religious leaders are those who believe God has mandated them to do things and therefore they're not accountable to anyone.
            The scary atheists are those who believe reason has mandated them to do things and therefore they're not accountable to anyone.

and there are many more of them these days.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              The scary atheists are those who believe reason has mandated them to do things and therefore they're not accountable to anyone.

Why would they not be accountable to anyone? Logically they would be accountable to the police, their peers etc?
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Indeed not. Religious people think it’s OK to do harm as long as they confess their sins before they die, then they go to heaven. You can only go to heaven if you are a catholic.

Atheists believe the only life is the one we have on Earth therefore we should make the best of it and cooperate with our fellow human beings.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The Marquis de Sade was an atheist.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    Religious people think it’s OK to do harm as long as they confess their sins before they die, then they go to heaven.
                    I'm a religious person - I don't believe this.
                    You can only go to heaven if you are a catholic.
                    I don't believe this either.

Or do you consider "religious" and "catholic" to be synonymous? In which case, you may be right. I don't know. I'm not a catholic.

Comment

Working...
                    X