• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travel insurance to US

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel insurance to US

Any recommendations? Travel cover and health for 10 days.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

I've used these guys in the past. Annual policy incl. US travel about £50

http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/

Comment

We use these Travel Insurance | Annual & Single Trip | Travel Insurance Web for our trips.

Ive made a couple of claims in the past and its been dealt with quite well

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Any recommendations? Travel cover and health for 10 days.
        Maybe I'm being a bit of a numpty here but would you still be covered by the suggested sites if you're not a UK resident?

Shouldn't you be looking for a provider that will supply you with a small pocket knife and some chocolate to supplement your policy?

Comment

That's a good point. However, my niece is travelling with my daughter. The former is UK resident, the latter Swiss.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I have always found Atlas Insurance to be competitive and their administration competent.

Never had the need to make a claim so can't comment on that aspect of their service.

Comment

Travel Insurance You Can Rely On - Seven Corners

insure all nationalities and don't require a UK start of trip

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                That's a good point. However, my niece is travelling with my daughter. The former is UK resident, the latter Swiss.
                I believe you need to look at the health insurance element carefully for US cover. You may find it better to shop separately for each girl to get the best package for each. I'm thinking of the worst case bit here involving hefty hospital bills and possibly repatriation costs.

I just read the other day about a Yank who needed an expensive operation that he wasn't completely covered for, with the result that the hospital will get his house when he pops his clogs.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Maybe I'm being a bit of a numpty here but would you still be covered by the suggested sites if you're not a UK resident?
                  Good point. Being an expat myself I never cease to be amazed how many times "Only UK residents eligible" pops up in all manner of circumstances, even including raffles, and insurance policies are no exception.

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Shouldn't you be looking for a provider that will supply you with a small pocket knife and some chocolate to supplement your policy?
                  Can't take the pocket knife on a plane
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                    Can't take the pocket knife on a plane
                    I know, but last year I accidentally took my Swiss army knife on flights through LHR and CDG. The diet coke was confiscated (twice) but the knife made it through.

Comment

Working...
                    X