• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone fancy the gig?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone fancy the gig?

BBC News - US private sector hopes to send older couple to Mars

Might sign up for it. If they can get sky sports in space I doubt Mr mudskipper would notice much difference.

Edit:

the manifest includes 28kg of toilet paper for a crew of 2 for 500 days.
    Nowhere near enough
    Last edited by mudskipper; 28 February 2013, 07:23.

Ideal for Sasguru and DimPrawn - give us all a bit of peace for a while!

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
      Ideal for Sasguru and DimPrawn - give us all a bit of peace for a while!
      But who would be the other person going?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I'd volunteer, but only for a larger expedition that planned to land and start a settlement.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          BBC News - US private sector hopes to send older couple to Mars

Might sign up for it. If they can get sky sports in space I doubt Mr mudskipper would notice much difference.

Edit:

Nowhere near enough
          According to Wki the average weight of a roll is 227g. That works out to 123 rolls give or take a few sheets. Standard 2 ply roll holds 333 sheets. So thats 40959 sheets, over 500 days is 81 sheets a day between 2 people is 40.5 sheets per person per day.

Sounds reasonable to me.

I now expect a flurry of comments containing variations of being a bit anal about things.
          Last edited by DaveB; 28 February 2013, 10:13. Reason: In anticipation
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

that's a weeks supply when you live with 4 females!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You only need one sheet. Do what I do to save money... Finger through the middle, scrape it all out with your finger and then use the paper to clean your finger. Saves a packet on toilet paper...

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                You only need one sheet. Do what I do to save money... Finger through the middle, scrape it all out with your finger and then use the paper to clean your finger. Saves a packet on toilet paper...

HAB is alive & well!!!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  HAB is alive & well!!!
                  Not quite, I only do this to my bum.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    I'd volunteer, but only for a larger expedition that planned to land and start a settlement.
                    Here you go, it's already planned: Home - Mars One

Mars One is a not-for-profit organization that will take humanity to Mars in 2023, to establish the foundation of a permanent settlement from which we will prosper, learn, and grow. Before the first crew lands, Mars One will have established a habitable, sustainable settlement designed to receive astronauts every two years. To accomplish this, Mars One has developed a precise, realistic plan based entirely upon existing technologies. It is both economically and logistically feasible, in motion through the integration of existing suppliers and experts in space exploration.
                    We invite you to participate in this journey, by sharing our vision with your friends, by supporting our effort and, perhaps, by becoming the next Mars astronaut yourself.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X