• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella/LLP/PAYE???????????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella/LLP/PAYE???????????

Hey there

I have been out the UK for a couple of years, but the time has come for me to return and get some more of those lovely GBP's. Not wanting to jump into a perm position, I thought it best to look at the contracting option.
    The market seems fairly good at the moment, so fingers crossed I won't have too many difficulties finding some work. However, there are some things I don't really understand (quite a few, but we'll just discuss the relevant ones):
    Mainly which of the following do I opt for:
    * Employee Benefit Trusts (EBT)
    * Umbrella companies
    * Offshore schemes
    * Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP)
    * Foreign Currency Loans
    * PAYE
    * Composite companies
    * Bonus schemes

I have been looking at a company (nolongerlimited.com) which seem to offer a pretty decent package, but does anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks in advance
    Moo

read the sticky in accounting

when you have read it then post back in an appropriate forum!
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

If you use the search function my guess is you'll find information on most if not all of those topics. There is a wealth of information on here. Plus a load of old rubbish too. Oh yes, and some naughty pics...

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Oops, sorry about that.

Cheers for pointing me in the right direction. Sorry, have spent so much time researching this, that I got very lazy there.

Comment

Working...
        X