• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rebuild the Titanic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuild the Titanic

Titanic II: Clive Palmer Unveils Replica Plans - Yahoo! News UK

Mining tycoon Clive Palmer unveiled his plans for building a nearly identical version of the long foundered vessel at the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum in New York City.
    "Titanic was the ship of dreams, Titanic II is the ship where dreams come true," he said at the launch.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I guess he needs something to sink his money into...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I guess he needs something to sink his money into...
      You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DimPrawn again.

Comment

Is anybody planning on building a copy of the iceberg?
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
          Is anybody planning on building a copy of the iceberg?
          I've got a pack of ice cube bags at home, so I could make a start if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            I've got a pack of ice cube bags at home, so I could make a start if you like.
            You do that, the idea is sure to snowball from there!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              Icy what you did there.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                Icy what you've done there!
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

I wonder if it will meet the same fate as the ship in titanic 2

Taken from imDB.....On the 100th anniversary of the original voyage, a modern luxury liner christened "Titanic 2," follows the path of its namesake. But when a tsunami hurls an ice berg into the new ship's path, the passengers and crew must fight to avoid a similar fate.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                    I wonder if it will meet the same fate as the ship in titanic 2

Taken from imDB.....On the 100th anniversary of the original voyage, a modern luxury liner christened "Titanic 2," follows the path of its namesake. But when a tsunami hurls an ice berg into the new ship's path, the passengers and crew must fight to avoid a similar fate.
                    2000 A.D. 14 A, May 1977 Comic Book by Rebellion

Originally posted by 2000AD
                    Dan Dare – Hollow World: Part 3.
                    Dan Dare jumps the star freighter ‘Titan 1C’ into faster-than-light speed but the star drive fails and the crewman outside the protected command area are killed through rapid ageing. As the Titan 1C drops back into normal space it’s on a heading straight for a giant sun and Dare will have to attempt a landing on an unknown planet orbiting within the sun itself! Meanwhile, Mekon gives the Two of Verath a demonstration of his ruthlessness and vows to never again to be thwarted by primitive Earthmen such as he was in the past.

Comment

Working...
                    X