• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do companies in this country not give a tulipe about service?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do companies in this country not give a tulipe about service?

Just a small thing but it just shows the general attitude to customer service here in the UK.

Picked up hire car yesterday from enterprise (long story involving AA, trains to brum, taxis etc). Driving along today - no washer fluid. Nice one. Thing in car saying it had been checked - obviously not.

So phoned depot. To say the person did not give a stuff was an understatement. All they said was 'bring it back'. Did try to explain I was a bit busy for that and since it was their fault can they send someone around? (Its 15 mins drive away). Umm, no.

Pointed out that if I brought the car back with no fuel in, they'd charge me £stupid/litre because they've got the hassle to fill it up again. But if they screw up they expect me to run around to get it sorted.

Even offered to buy some washer fluid from garage and they re-imburse me. No - bring it back.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

just put water in it, that's all you need to make it LEGAL to drive.

What Car? Q&A - Is driving without screenwash illegal? - What Car?

Then write a snotty letter to head office and demand a refund because they gave you an illegal car with dishonest paperwork, get a witness to look at the washers.

email them and tell them you are unwilling to drive a car they supplied unroadworthy please can they come & fix it. Quote customer dis-service persons name if they were really bad.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      just put water in it, that's all you need to make it LEGAL to drive.

What Car? Q&A - Is driving without screenwash illegal? - What Car?

Then write a snotty letter to head office and demand a refund because they gave you an illegal car with dishonest paperwork, get a witness to look at the washers.

email them and tell them you are unwilling to drive a car they supplied unroadworthy please can they come & fix it. Quote customer dis-service persons name if they were really bad.
      Vetran - you're worse than me! :-)

Like I said phoned the office and the attitude was bad indeed. It was like - only screenwash bring it back.

I've got a real thing about people who have a simple job to do, and then can't be arsed to do it properly, then don't give a stuff about it. I'm up to my neck at the moment with client and now they want me to waste an hour of my time today to come and wait for them to re-fill it. sod that.

Interesting from what car though....

think i'll bung washing up liquid in there for now!
      Last edited by psychocandy; 28 February 2013, 10:36.

Comment

That's me, keyboard warrior extraordinaire (with Lulz Catz & bar)

just water, if you put washing up liquid in they can charge you for cleaning the washer system.

But you might as well get some money back.

Comment

Don't think this applies to car hire firms but certainly utility companies, banks etc don't give a stuff about customer service because for every disgruntled punter they lose they'll pick up another new customer hacked off with the service of one of their competitors.

They even have a sales/marketing term for this, can't remember what it is though.

Comment

Ok this is down to the fact that due to the greed of the exec's they do not pay enough wages/employee enough staff over the bare minimum to allow the staff to go the extra mile in terms of service.

You know that it is simply a case of getting away with taking as much money as possible and delivering as little service as possible.

This happens to such an extent that companies do not try to get zero complaints they simple ensure that dealing with those complaints is done as cost effectively as possible - even when they know that their actions will cause complaints.

Oh and you can write as many letters as you want no one will give a fu<k

Comment

They falsified documents and gave you a vehicle not legal on the road, that will get the complaint to an area manager. Quick mention of trading standards you should get something even if its a perfunctory apology and a discount voucher. They will want to avoid trading standards because the top brass will spend 3 months doing paperwork that makes them personally liable.

And pointing out they supplied a vehicle not fit allows you to bring in Police, Ministry of Transport etc.
              Last edited by vetran; 28 February 2013, 11:03.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                That's me, keyboard warrior extraordinaire (with Lulz Catz & bar)

just water, if you put washing up liquid in they can charge you for cleaning the washer system.

But you might as well get some money back.
                Yeh I guess. If I just stick water though it might freeze and cause all sorts of problems....

Comment

Know what you're saying vetran. I just want an easy life though, things done right and not have to complain. If someone makes a simple mistake then fair does but they need to sort it out without causing me more hassle.

I just get the feeling these days that very little is ever done right first time in this country..... I'd spend my life complaining if I picked up on it all.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                    They even have a sales/marketing term for this, can't remember what it is though.
                    churn?
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X