• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paddy Smash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paddy Smash

Was in Ireland in hire car when we got rear end shunted by a big lorry, we were stationary he was on mobile phone, car I was in was written off (big shunt).

Lorry driver has admited liability, now his insurance firm is calling me asking about my injuries, should I just tell them to fec off and talk to the hire firms insurance (who I cant get hold of), or should I tell them. I went to medical centre within an hour of accident and they said I had whip lash.

Originally posted by Ivor1
    Was in Ireland in hire car when we got rear end shunted by a big lorry, we were stationary he was on mobile phone, car I was in was written off (big shunt).

Lorry driver has admited liability, now his insurance firm is calling me asking about my injuries, should I just tell them to fec off and talk to the hire firms insurance (who I cant get hold of), or should I tell them. I went to medical centre within an hour of accident and they said I had whip lash.
    Not a good idea. They'll want to know the name of the doctor and where you went...
    http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thats what I thought, I have the name of the doc and everything. Probably best I visit my own UK doctor, I was gutted the £1000 wedding present I had in the boot was destroyed

Comment

Sounds like you could be in for a sizeable payout - just google 'vulturous scumbag ambulance chasers' and I'm sure you'll find a suitable company to deal with your claim.

HTH
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Paddy Smash

just imagine if they'd had that duing the potato famine - could have saved a bit of hassle I shouldn't wonder!
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Apperently its different in Ireland they dont do all that no win no fee stuff its illegal, they have a government body that deal with it.

Spoke to them and they said if the lorry drivers insurance called us and he has already admitted liability which he did and thats what his insurance company said, they are probably looking a quick private settlement, they are calling me back at 7pm. The rear wheels ended up squashed against the front seats so it wasnt just a tap this was a full on smash, driver went in to shock and they put them on valum to calm down !.
            Last edited by Ivor1; 6 July 2006, 15:29.

Comment

Working...
            X