• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I thought there was a recession on??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought there was a recession on??

Interviewed 5 contractors this week and they were RUBBISH! Seems like the recession has resulted in all the decent resource going to ground or staying put in their existing contracts a lot longer than they would previously. At this rate I'll be doing change management, data conversion, PM and functional consultant on my own

Isn't that always the way.. loads of roles and no decent contractors.. loads of decent contractors and no roles!

Comment

Ooooh I know a change manager thats coming on the market
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        Interviewed 5 contractors this week and they were RUBBISH! Seems like the recession has resulted in all the decent resource going to ground or staying put in their existing contracts
        ... or going overseas due to rate fixing on their home turf.
        Der going over der to get der der's.

Comment

When I hire I usually find the agencies send in the rubbish first i.e.the ones that they have the biggest margins on
          A robust conversation with the agent usually puts them right
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by darrenb View Post
            ... or going overseas due to rate fixing on their home turf.
            Or going back to blighty cos they don't speaky de lingo
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Or going back to blighty cos they don't speaky de lingo
              You mean Australian? It's a tough nut to crack.

But actually, I think wherever people go, they rarely come back. What is there to come back to? An intimate one-on-one with George Osborne?
              Der going over der to get der der's.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Interviewed 5 contractors this week and they were RUBBISH! Seems like the recession has resulted in all the decent resource going to ground or staying put in their existing contracts a lot longer than they would previously. At this rate I'll be doing change management, data conversion, PM and functional consultant on my own
                Out of curiosity, what rate are you paying?

Comment

I'll do it

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                    Out of curiosity, what rate are you paying?
                    They vary across the roles. None are less than £500 a day

Comment

Working...
                    X