• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Supplier request form

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supplier request form

Hi all,

I'm about to sign my first contract in the UK (warning warning newbie )

I'm going umbrella and my agency requests me to fill in a "Supplier request form" (with the company name, company adress, company registration number etc etc) to draw up the contract. I told them that Im going through an umbrella company and that the umbrella company is supposed to take care of these things, but they asked me to see with the umbrella company if they can complete their part and then I return the form to the agency.

Is that something which is "common" ? I thought that all these "administrative" tasks were only dealt between the agency and the umbrella company.

Thanks for your help !

Luc

I think he is just being lazy to be honest. Have you supplied a name and contact at the Umbrella he can speak to? Might be a bit unfair to expect him to go digging around for someone to speak to if you have the details but haven't told him. I would probably just go back with the name and number of the correct person and ask him to speak to him for the reasons you state.

I think you have to make a point here so he understands the situation and process. If you bypass it this time he will keep coming to you etc.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I think he is just being lazy to be honest. Have you supplied a name and contact at the Umbrella he can speak to? Might be a bit unfair to expect him to go digging around for someone to speak to if you have the details but haven't told him. I would probably just go back with the name and number of the correct person and ask him to speak to him for the reasons you state.

I think you have to make a point here so he understands the situation and process. If you bypass it this time he will keep coming to you etc.
      Thanks for your answer northernladuk.
      Yes thats what I thought... lazy lazy

Comment

Yep this should definitely be completed by your umbrella company and should have been sent direct to them to deal with
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

just give the umbrella company the agents contact details and sit back and let them get on with it all.

Comment

Thanks all for your answers.

Yep I just gave to my account manager the details of the agent and he is going to take care of it for me.

Great

Comment

Working...
            X