• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tandem Strategies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tandem Strategies

Hi All,

Have any of you guys been spoken to by someone from Tandem Strategies? Sounds too good to be ture, although plenty of patter from an albeit well spoken, but, pushy salesman.

My usual strategy is to ignore these.....
    Mail below....

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

<admin note - content of email removed as was labelled not for reproduction>
    Last edited by administrator; 1 March 2013, 13:23. Reason: Remove email contents.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

If it sounds too good to be true then it usually is.

It's legality simply means HMRC haven't found a way of beating it ... yet.

Read the BN66 thread for further info.

Comment

Thanks.
      Indeed, my thoughts exactly .

He then started saying you have got more chance of being caught by IR35, why not, don't you want more money e.t.c. My response was I'm fully IR35 complaint and have been for 12+ years, thank you very much .
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Thanks.
        Indeed, my thoughts exactly .

He then started saying you have got more chance of being caught by IR35, why not, don't you want more money e.t.c. My response was I'm fully IR35 complaint and have been for 12+ years, thank you very much .
        I don't think YOU are IR35 compliant.. and there is no compliance, you are inside or outside.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What could possibly go wrong?

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Tandem

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            Hi All,

Have any of you guys been spoken to by someone from Tandem Strategies? Sounds too good to be ture, although plenty of patter from an albeit well spoken, but, pushy salesman.

My usual strategy is to ignore these.....
            Mail below....

Thanks in advance,

Mark.
            <admin note - content of email removed as was labelled not for reproduction>
            <snip>. It's very similar to the Breeze structure that was flamed a couple of months ago. The reason they say it's not tax avoidance is because they do not require a DOTAS number. They also state insurance but this will only work if the scheme is deemed to fail but I suggest you look at the EBT threads. The schemes will not be deemed to fail but HMRC will go after users for disguised renumeration and I bet the insurance does not cover this....
            Last edited by administrator; 4 March 2013, 09:54. Reason: Party of email removed.

Comment

It's the excessive use of quotation marks which I find worrying. Putting the word Genuine into "...." doesnt make it so, in fact, it makes it less so in my books

So now im going to have to go and read it all anyway.... *sigh*

Comment

So they have a 'disclosed strategy' which cannot be penalised by HMR&C but they have been in court 3 times to defend the scheme
                Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                  If it sounds too good to be true then it usually is.

It's legality simply means HMRC haven't found a way of beating it ... yet.

Read the BN66 thread for further info.
                  ^ that

Comment

Got a second call today. Seems very much like the offshore tax schemes that have been batted around in previous years and now being investigated by HMRC - http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/budget-update...ion-report.pdf

Comment

Working...
                    X