• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Road Rage Experiences

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road Rage Experiences

Thought I would share an interesting experience driving into clientco office this week...

I was driving on dual carriageway this week, 2 lanes go into one through roadworks. There were 2 cars behind me playing silly buggers, one trying to squeeze in, the other not letting him. Anyway gets to the end of where the lanes merge and saw the 2 cars shoot to the hardshoulder, both drivers got out and started fist fighting and shouting at each other. Pretty even I would say but not what would have expected to see on way in to work...

So what road rage experiences has anyone else witnessed, been involved in or even started ?

I am currently on an emergancy tyre and cannot exceed 50mph.

Lorries seem to go mad about it and beep their horns at me etc.

*sigh*
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Mods please move to General.

Friday pm syndrome (again...)

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post

again... and again...
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So what road rage experiences has anyone else witnessed, been involved in or even started ?
          Bought a motorbike 2 weeks before I started contracting, as I knew I would be moving around between client sites. That was 25 years ago. I'm still contract, and I'm still commuting around (London) by motorbike.

Your "road rage" experience is what I term "daily commute."

Seriously, until knives and guns are drawn and police helicopters called in, I don't even consider these incidents worth mentioning when I arrive at the office.
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

Joined the M56 from the M6 heading west. Traffic from Mancland was heavy so the junction was very busy and moving at walking pace. In lane 2 was an audi a4 (twat driver) who wanted to force his way into lane 3 in the shortest possible time.

Said a4 twat driver tried to force in front of a Zafira driver who tooted him and flashed his lights to say frack off, Im not letting you in. a4 twat thinks better of it rather than having his tulipheap bent by a vauxhall, stays in lane 2 and forces his way in behind the Zafira. a4 twat driver then toots horn and flashes lights at Zafira now in front of him.

At this point the traffic flow picks up to about 15 - 20 mph with Zafira driver opening his door and gesticulating over to the hard shoulder. As the traffic moves on, Zafira driver and a4 twat driver make their way across lanes 1, 2 and 3 to the hard shoulder.

I presume they had an amenable discussion but as the traffic was now speeding up, couldnt see what developed further. I did consider pulling over to the hard shoulder myself and see some fun unfold but as they say, the hard should is a dangerous place to park so decided better of it.

As regards roadworks, it pisses me off that drivers dont follow the AA advice and allow cars into line like a zip instead of preventing people pulling in.
            Last edited by BolshieBastard; 1 March 2013, 18:30.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              As regards roadworks, it pisses me off that drivers dont follow the AA advice and allow cars into line like a zip instead of preventing people pulling in.
              Well exactly, everyone is in the same boat and a bit of give and take goes a long way.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                I am currently on an emergancy tyre and cannot exceed 50mph.

Lorries seem to go mad about it and beep their horns at me etc.

*sigh*
                Had that on the M3 once.

To be honest after you have driven through London and realise that some people in certain parts have no manners at all - idiots whether they are a lorry or a car who can't use an outside lane to overtake you on a motorway can get lost.

It's actually funny seeing cyclists have road rage when you know full well that they can't be seen in a lorry or a vans mirrors due to how they have positioned themselves. There is no point banging on the back of a 40 tonne lorry when you decided to try and undertake on the inside and there is no room.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just got back from taking BB's senior son to Manchester. Fracking ejit in a pug on the motorway doing 70mph in the lane 3 for over 5 miles and showing no inclination to move over to lane 1.

Lanes 1 & 2 completely empty! Like the driver's ******* head!

Honestly, Im convinced the number of drivers on the road who have never passed a driving test or had someone else sit it for them is grossly underestimated.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Done.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X