• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stop these racist rants in this forum ..!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop these racist rants in this forum ..!

I know a forum like this might really reflect the society, but its shame that such a high dose of racism & racist comments are tolerated in Contractor UK forum recently. There might be individuals behaving differently, but why just based on one individual’s behaviour people from entire country/race being painted in one way or the other..?. Why can’t it be treated as individual behaviour.?

I have to share my very recent experience with co-workers here. In my last project I had chance to work with an Aussie guy, decent block, experienced guy – but only problem is he stinks very bad. If he is anywhere near - your nose will detect him before your eyes !. But I never thought all Aussies are like him. Also I was sitting next to a local lad - good friendly guy only problem is he sweats a lot & smells very bad. I never thought that’s general UK feature either!.

In my current role I work with an experienced older Manager, very friendly guy, but only problem is if he is any where near stinks very badly. Today I had to leave a meeting with him early, just to get fresh air.! But I do work with couple of other friendly locals as well who do not have these issues & suffering from him like me!. So I will never paint all locals in the same way.

So my advice is STOP this racist rants & treat your experience as behaviour of individuals. I am amazed how badly IT guys from India ("Bobs") are painted here. If they are so bad why they are recruited more & more here. I am sure many of us here were in leadership roles making decisions on recruitment. I know many of us (contractors) lost jobs due to them & anger towards them are reasonable in that way. But the way it’s expressed in this forum recently is really shocking. To be honest you can have technically strong bright Indian IT professionals and not so bright guys from the same IT outsourcer in the same project – Same way you get local IT professionals of varying capability.

For your reference I just copied some recent headers from this forum. It’s a real shame to have these racist rants are allowed in this so called professional forum.! Watching this forum in last 6+ years I can see some general pattern from some individuals in similar language.

Bobs Photochromism ( By SimonMac)
    Bobs photocopying ( By SimonMac)
    Bobs and flogging them ( By SimonMac)

Bob dress sense (By Ken Dodd)
    Bobs photosynthesizing (By Mich the Tester)
    Bobs and hocking flem (By BoredBloke)
    Bobs and hacking them (by AJ1982)

So please don’t paint people from entire country on basis on your experience in one or two individuals & STOP these racist rants in this 'professional' forum. Thanks.
    Last edited by Darren_Test; 2 March 2013, 12:59.

I agree that some of these posts are a bit off but I do understand why people are writing this. There is a lot of legitimate frustration out there about the offshoring and people feel the need to vent. Most will express their issues in civil way, but as always, some will write things most would describe as distasteful and grossly unfair. We can just overlook those, but lets not trample free speech, lets keep it real. I believe that admins are doing good job punishing posters who crossed the line.

I personally experienced fair share of subtle and not so subtle racists abuse in the office. Straight to my face or within my earshot. If someone feels the need to behave like jerk, let them do it in the safety of the forum, its mostly harmless that way.
    Last edited by mos; 2 March 2013, 01:30.
    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
      I agree that some of these posts are beyond the pale but I do understand why people are writing this.
      That's racist!!!!!

To the OP..... well done for posting your rant in completely the wrong section of the forum. Well executed.....
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
        I know a forum like this might really reflect society, but its shame that such high dose of racism & racist comments are tolerated in Contractor UK forum recently. There might be individuals behaving differently, but why just based on individual’s behaviour people from entire country/race being painted in one way or other..?. Why can’t it be treated as individual behaviour?

I have to share my recent experience. In my last project I had chance to work with an Aussie guy, decent block, experienced guy – but only problem is stinks very bad. If he is anywhere near - your nose will detect him before your eyes. But I never thought all Aussies are like him. Also I was sitting next to a local guy - good friendly guy only problem is he sweats a lot & smells very bad. I never though that’s general UK feature either.

In my current role I work with an experienced older Manager, very friendly guy, but only problem is if he is any where near stinks very badly. Today I had to leave a meeting with him just to get fresh air.! But I do work with couple of other friendly locals as well who do not have these issues. So I will never paint all locals in the same way.

So my advice is Stop this racist rants & treat your experience as behaviour of individuals. I am amazed how badly IT guys from India ("Bobs") are painted here. If they are so bad why they are recruited more & more here. I know many of us contractors lost jobs due to them & anger towards them are reasonable in that way. But the way it’s expressed in this forum recently is really shocking. To be honest you can have technically strong bright Indian IT professionals and not so bright guys from the same IT outsourcer in the same project – Same way you get local IT professionals of varying capability.

For your reference I just copied some recent headers from this forum. It’s a real shame to have these racist rants are allowed in this so called professional forum..!!! Being watching this forum in last 6+ years i can see some general pattern from some individuals in similar language.

So please don’t paint people from entire country on basis on your experience in one or two individuals & stop these racist rants in this forum. Thanks.
        Some good points and it's funny how the anger never seems to be directed at the often non-foreign Managers who are responsbile for the outsourcing strategy and UK head-count reductions.

Furthermore, the same sort of people that you have mentioned forget to mention the 3 million plus expats living and working abroad.. welcome to globalisation

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          That's racist!!!!!

To the OP..... well done for posting your rant in completely the wrong section of the forum. Well executed.....
          Moved to General.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
            I know a forum like this might really reflect society, but its shame that such high dose of racism & racist comments are tolerated in Contractor UK forum recently. There might be individuals behaving differently, but why just based on individual’s behaviour people from entire country/race being painted in one way or other..?. Why can’t it be treated as individual behaviour?

I have to share my recent experience. In my last project I had chance to work with an Aussie guy, decent block, experienced guy – but only problem is stinks very bad. If he is anywhere near - your nose will detect him before your eyes. But I never thought all Aussies are like him. Also I was sitting next to a local guy - good friendly guy only problem is he sweats a lot & smells very bad. I never though that’s general UK feature either.

In my current role I work with an experienced older Manager, very friendly guy, but only problem is if he is any where near stinks very badly. Today I had to leave a meeting with him just to get fresh air.! But I do work with couple of other friendly locals as well who do not have these issues. So I will never paint all locals in the same way.

So my advice is Stop this racist rants & treat your experience as behaviour of individuals. I am amazed how badly IT guys from India ("Bobs") are painted here. If they are so bad why they are recruited more & more here. I know many of us contractors lost jobs due to them & anger towards them are reasonable in that way. But the way it’s expressed in this forum recently is really shocking. To be honest you can have technically strong bright Indian IT professionals and not so bright guys from the same IT outsourcer in the same project – Same way you get local IT professionals of varying capability.

For your reference I just copied some recent headers from this forum. It’s a real shame to have these racist rants are allowed in this so called professional forum..!!! Being watching this forum in last 6+ years i can see some general pattern from some individuals in similar language.

So please don’t paint people from entire country on basis on your experience in one or two individuals & stop these racist rants in this forum. Thanks.
            You do realise that more than half of those threads are parodies of the initial "racist" thread don't you?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              You do realise that more than half of those threads are parodies of the initial "racist" thread don't you?
              No he doesn't, despite having read this forum for +6 years.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Shut it honky.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I work with and have really good and close Indian friends whom are British citizens. They are just as angry as anyone over Bobs coming here and taking away jobs.

Bobs are cheaper, that’s why they are given visas, they are not better at their jobs in fact they are a lot worse.

Bobs often have bogus qualifications, my Indian friends tell me of their experiences of how certificates are bought in India.

If you want to see racism; go to India where the cast system is rife.

If you want to see poverty next to riches, go to India.

If you want to see people do number twos in the street, go to India.

If you want to see people chuck their rubbish in the street, go to India.

[IMG]http://img.ezinemark.com/imagemanager2/files/30002494/2010/09/2010-09-07-13-20-44-6-various-recycled-paper-and-glass-products-are-made.jpegIMG]
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    No he doesn't, despite having read this forum for +6 years.
                    Ah but he did spot certain subtle similarities ...

Being watching this forum in last 6+ years i can see some general pattern from some individuals in similar language
                    No doubt in another 6 years the penny would have dropped, and he'd have suddenly realised they were parodies
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X