• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This will make Mordac's day...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will make Mordac's day...

Apprentice made me drink

By ANTONELLA LAZZERI

COCKY Apprentice contestant Syed Ahmed escaped jail yesterday — after being caught drink-driving for the FOURTH time.

The 31-year-old blamed his troubles on the BBC2 reality show.

He told District Judge Jackie Comyns the pressures of filming the hit series — where the winner gets a £100,000-a-year job with tycoon Sir Alan Sugar — had left him depressed.

He also said he struggled to cope after discovering his mother had cancer.

But he bragged to the judge at Thames Magistrates’ Court, South London: “I worked very hard. I started in McDonald’s and now I have my own business.”

He gestured around the court and added: “I don’t belong here.”

At one point Ahmed interrupted the court to try to speak to his solicitor.

Mrs Comyns angrily told him: “Please keep quiet. I’m not having a conversation across the court.”

Ahmed, of Bethnal Green, East London, was already banned from driving when he was caught three times the limit after a party.

Yesterday he pleaded guilty to driving while disqualified and failing to give a specimen. He got a suspended jail term and £500 fine.

Mrs Comyns told him he would normally have gone to prison.

She said: “You clearly have a drink problem. You will have to attend alcoholic counselling.”

-----------

My god. The bloke was so weak in the show. Not surprised he hit the bottle when he realised that half the nation thought he was a total plonker.

Of course his mum getting cancer is tragic and has no bearing on the fact that Syed needs a severe slap round the ears.
    http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

Can't say it's made my day to find his mum has cancer (assuming it's not a ruse to gain the sympathy of the judge). Or that it's one rule for snivellling little arse-wipe "celebrities" and another rule for the rest of us.
      Picturing the bastard in Alcoholics Anonymous, on the other hand, has made my day.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Ive applied for the Apprentice this time. So heres hoping a classy Marillion loving, beer guzzling, tat selling entrepenuer gets chosen!!!!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Is it just me or did he not drink during the show, claiming to be a practicing muslim??

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
            Ive applied for the Apprentice this time.
            Just so it doesn't come as a total surprise when you hear it for real:

"Fat-Boy, you're a lightweight. You're fired."
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Ive only been fired once this year. I had to give good as well as bad references Mordy - so I gave JK and KM!!!!!

Comment

I'll give you a bad reference if you need one. Consider it a favour.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                  Ive only been fired once this year. I had to give good as well as bad references Mordy - so I gave JK and KM!!!!!
                  Just realised who you're on about - where are you getting your good refs from then?

Comment

Its not the bad ones Ive got a problem with. Its the good ones!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X