• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heaviest Bob Shops

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heaviest Bob Shops

Rather than picking on the poor chaps who are just using the system to their advantage, do we know which organisations are the heaviest users of outsourcing companies?

Particular ones I am aware of are LBG, AZ and Morrisons.

Can anyone either confirm / deny the above or add any more?

I think it would be much quicker to assume they all do and list the ones that don't use them much IMO HTH.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I think it would be much quicker to assume they all do and list the ones that don't use them much IMO HTH.
      I would agree that the majority probably do, however some seem to have abandoned the Great British worker almost in totality in favour of what from my experience is a very poor and expensive substitute.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        I would agree that the majority probably do, however some seem to have abandoned the Great British worker almost in totality in favour of what from my experience is a very poor and expensive substitute.
        They know no better (then outsourcing) so get what they deserve.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I have been to 4 interviews in the recent past, and 2 of them had a significant indian outsource element.

You have to ask the bean-counters why they make such decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
            Sour grapes much?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I believe that the UK's largest building society is planning to outsource all its development roles offshore.
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Bangalore Telecom

basically anyone in Ftse or Fortune.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  They know no better (then outsourcing) so get what they deserve.
                  I really don't understand why they do this. Most of the outsourcing companies are no longer as cheap as they used to be, they have a high turnover of staff. I'm sure some of you have worked with companies that have staff with some knowledge but in all my experience, I have yet to have a project whereby I need to onshore to get the job done.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

BT were an early adopter and have thousands, GSK, Lloyds bank, M & S, Steria, etc etc etc

Comment

Working...
                    X