• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corporation tax question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corporation tax question

Submitted my tax return last year for year ending Apr 2012. Got letter in post regards to amount of corp tax to be paid. Paid the tax etc. Tax return was submitted online. Got a letter last week saying tax return is due. Ehh ? So rang up the office who said they can see my return and my corporation tax has also gone into the account but no idea why I got the letter. I was told I will get a call back. Got a call back today and the IT bod said for some reason the entire record has been "deleted" by the computer system and he has no idea why or how as this doesnt happen often. I logged into my corporation tax account to check and sure enough there is no record of my return !! Its as if all the records have been erased.

Any ideas what has happened ? Thankfully they can see that I have paid the tax so I am safe there.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Submitted my tax return last year for year ending Apr 2012. Got letter in post regards to amount of corp tax to be paid. Paid the tax etc. Tax return was submitted online. Got a letter last week saying tax return is due. Ehh ? So rang up the office who said they can see my return and my corporation tax has also gone into the account but no idea why I got the letter. I was told I will get a call back. Got a call back today and the IT bod said for some reason the entire record has been "deleted" by the computer system and he has no idea why or how as this doesnt happen often. I logged into my corporation tax account to check and sure enough there is no record of my return !! Its as if all the records have been erased.

Any ideas what has happened ? Thankfully they can see that I have paid the tax so I am safe there.
    Bob?

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
      Bob?
      Racist
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
        Bob?

That thought occurred to me. Are the IT systems maintained by Bob outsourcing ?
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          That thought occurred to me. Are the IT systems maintained by Bob outsourcing ?
          Worse, Gerodie's I believe!
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Last year when i returned from holiday I had receive a cheque from HMRC for a huge amount of money, then as i was planning my next holiday and a new car, i had this sinking feeling that the amount on the cheque looked very familiar, sure enough it was the same amount as my corporation tax bill, they had allocated it to the previous year which had been paid so the amount flagged up as an overpayment and they sent it back to me. gutted, i had to pay them again.

just goes to show their either incompetant or Bobs, or both

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
              Last year when i returned from holiday I had receive a cheque from HMRC for a huge amount of money, then as i was planning my next holiday and a new car, i had this sinking feeling that the amount on the cheque looked very familiar, sure enough it was the same amount as my corporation tax bill, they had allocated it to the previous year which had been paid so the amount flagged up as an overpayment and they sent it back to me. gutted, i had to pay them again.

they're, incompetent

Irony anyone

Comment

The fact that you'd paid money using the incorrect reference COULD have been easily sorted. Your payment would have gone onto a worklist as unallocated, the user COULD have checked your account for the correct years return and COULD have allocated the payment against it.

This would take about 1 minute to do.

The user ACTUALLY picked up your payment from the worklist, thought feck it and hit the 'repay to customer' button.

This would take about 2 seconds to do.

Bearing in mind THEY get paid either way ..........

Comment

They're incompetent.

They have no need to hide behind Bobs to show they are ******* useless.

British permanent workers who have a small risk of losing their jobs, are highly unionised and have British management tend to be incompetent. The history of the car industry in this country illustrates this.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Corporation tax question

SC was necessary at HMRC when I was there last year, so no Bobs

Comment

Working...
                    X