• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1st world problems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st world problems

• When the little things that go in the middle of the CD/DVDs and stop them rattling inside the box are broken when your new boxset turns up in the post.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Whe you ask for a cappucino and the barista gives you a latte
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

- Blister Packs, such as illustrated below. I hate them. I hate wrestling with them, cutting up the skin under my nails, scratching my fingers, eventually grabbing a pair of scissors to try and cut them open only to cut straight through some vital part of the instruction booklet. I hate blister packs. In fact they are not the only kind of packaging I detest. I regularly fight with plastic drinks bottles that have completely OTT seals; a plastic foil around the whole top, a little plastic cap on top with a tear seal, then a tear seal on the screw top, then try to drink only to find there's a foil seal on the bottle itself. Or milk packs where you pull the aluminium foil from under the little plastic spout thingummy and there's ALWAYS a drop of milk that flies out; this is even worse when it's red fruit juice and you're wearing a white shirt.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Petrol/diesel pumps

Why, oh why, despite shaking the pump head around in the nozzle once the tank's full, are there always a couple of drops that fall out on your shoe? Has nobody designed a drip free fuel pump?

Comment

I have that problem... just not only with petrol pumps

Comment

Office tables with the electricity sockets screwed to the bottom.

I hate this. It never used to bother me, but I just hate having to crawl under the table to plug my laptop into a socket that some clever technician has screwed to the bottom of the table, preferably a long way from where I'm sitting. I'll tell you why I hate it. I spent more than 30 years playing rugby and rolling around in the mud, getting up again, then rolling around in the mud again, and never complained, but when I passed 35 a strange thing happened; I could still run about, wrestle for the ball, knock people over, hold my own in bar and so on but the one thing that became very difficult and taxing was falling on the ground and getting up again. Somehow my knees, back and midriff just switched off the 'fall on the ground and get back up again' function, so I don't want to have to do that in a bloody office which is supposed to be pain free and comfortable! Sockets in the wall please, or on top of desks.

If I wanted to spend my working life crawling into confined spaces and plugging things into inconvenient orifices I'd have become a miner. Or a zookeeper or the landlord of a gay bar, but not an IT geek.
            Last edited by Mich the Tester; 5 March 2013, 11:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Office tables with the electricity sockets screwed to the bottom.

I hate this. It never used to bother me, but I just hate having to crawl under the table to plug my laptop into a socket that some clever technician has screwed to the bottom of the table, preferably a long way from where I'm sitting. I'll tell you why I hate it. I spent more than 30 years playing rugby and rolling around in the mud, getting up again, then rolling around in the mud again, and never complained, but when I passed 35 a strange thing happened; I could still run about, wrestle for the ball, knock people over, hold my own in bar and so on but the one thing that became very difficult and taxing was falling on the ground and getting up again. Somehow my knees, back and midriff just switched off the 'fall on the ground and get back up again' function, so I don't want to have to do that in a bloody office which is supposed to be pain free and comfortable! Sockets in the wall please, or on top of desks.

If I wanted to spend my working life crawling into confined spaces and plugging things into inconvenient orifices I'd have become a miner. Or a zookeeper or the landlord of a gay bar, but not an IT geek.
              I hear you bud

Saw the musculoskeletal clinic this morning for "me-dickie-knee".

Was told I would have to cut back on cycling and all because I have "tried to hard" and the dilitheum crysals cannae tek it cap'n.

Back on topic.

Trolley's with wonky wheels.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Whe you ask for a cappucino and the barista gives you a latte
                I hate that too, and I have started to complain I'm that pissed with it, esp at the price they charge. Asking for a double shot macchiato is another solution to stop them over milking the coffee and then ask for a bit more foam.

Also cream in a carbonara
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

What are latte/cappuccino supposed to be like, properly? Most places do them as frothy rubbish but a local independent place here does a latte which is strong and thick with just a thin layer of foam, more like a regular coffee really. It's the only latte I like but I'm not sure if they are the ones getting it right or not.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

well apparently a latte is a shot of espresso filled up with frothy milk

not even sure what a capuccino is though.

nor a mocha choco chino either

Comment

Working...
                    X