• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When more is less

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When more is less

Two odd finds for the day,

1. Need to renew car insurance, thought I would increase excess to descrease the premium but it went up, then changed it from full comp to tpft and it went up again. So cheapest policy was to take the most cover with the least excess

2. Went to book a holiday, picked 10 nights, went to proceed to pay, and it showed me 14 nights departing same date was £230 cheaper each and this is an all inclusive deal .

Happy bunny .... for once
    I like big butts and I cannot lie.

TPFT is usually either more expensive or the same for older drivers as it is an option often picked by younger drivers trying to get cheap insurance hence the average risk value of people going for TPFT is much higher, therefore more claims hence more expensive for less benefits.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
      2. Went to book a holiday, picked 10 nights, went to proceed to pay, and it showed me 14 nights departing same date was £230 cheaper each and this is an all inclusive deal .
      How much income will you lose by having to take those extra fours days not billing?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        How much income will you lose by having to take those extra fours days not billing?
        I'm permy these days so not an issue though long hours and only ok-ish £ compared to hrs worked are an issue
        I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
          I'm permy these days
          BURN THE WITCH !!

Comment

Working...
          X