• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You can't even have a pot noodle.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't even have a pot noodle.

BBC News - Is it even possible to live a celibate life?

As a Catholic priest he was expected to abstain from all sexual activity and devote himself to God and the Church's followers. Buddhist monks have similar expectation. In both religions, masturbation is regarded as a breach of celibacy.

although this is my favourite bit

Father Stephen Wang, dean of studies at Allen Hall Seminary, says it is a sacrifice that many priests manage.
    Although it turns out a seminary isn't what I thought it was.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

I've no doubt it's possible but lots of doubt many manage 100% success.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Although it turns out a seminary isn't what I thought it was.
      It's not a receptacle of some description? a jam jar? or mayhaps a small boy?

Oh well, you live & learn.

Comment

Actually the whole story is pretty ignorant. It's pretty well documented that some people simply don't like sex or have very low/non-existent sex-drives in the first place. e.g. Asexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia so the very question "is a celibate life even possible" in that incredulous tone is rather silly.

Comment

So why did god gives us naughty bits, arms of exactly the right length with hands and fingers of just the right size? Man is obviously designed to the optimum for J Arthuring.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            So why did god gives us naughty bits, arms of exactly the right length with hands and fingers of just the right size? Man is obviously designed to the optimum for J Arthuring.
            Clearly it confers some evolutionary benefit. Like getting us through the lonely nights after children are born instead of heading off to find someone else.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I remember the duty priest at secondary school having a talk with us and saying although we feel guilty masturbating (he implied he did), we should pray for forgiveness and the strengh to ignore such urges. I was fifteen at the time and had no clue what he was talking about.

Lots of red faces and shuffling of feet and that was just the girls. Never felt guilty about a pot noodle when I finally discovered it.

Fck the Catholic upbringing and it's attempts to get you to toe the line through guilt and fear.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

You were 15 and you didn't know what he was talking about? Late developer were we?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  You were 15 and you didn't know what he was talking about? Late developer were we?
                  I was only interested in shagging, not much has changed.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Was it just me or did anyone else have strange presexual fantasies from the age of 8 or so? I was always keep thinking about being kept in a rabbit cage and mistreated by a girl about my own age. In retrospect it was pretty wierd.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X