• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BTL Boom!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTL Boom!

House prices post largest annual rise in two years - Telegraph

Rising rents, rising house prices, it really is a fantastic economy out there!

There are only 2 ways house prices will fall:

1) Demand reduces - interest rates would have to go up drastically/economy collapses
    or
    2) Supply increases: a massive house building program is completed.

At the moment, its simple, too few houses for the demand on a crowded island.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      There are only 2 ways house prices will fall:

1) Demand reduces - interest rates would have to go up drastically/economy collapses
      or
      2) Supply increases: a massive house building program is completed.

At the moment, its simple, too few houses for the demand on a crowded island.
      BTL has proved itself through the boom and bust it really is a can't fail investment and in that respect unique. You simply dial in how rich you would like to become and sit back an wait.

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 11 June 2022, 08:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
          sasguru - what about the third option:

3. Government interference in the market or wider economy (perhaps with unintended consequences).

Could be UK government or even European.
          It's already happening via low interest and money liquidity. In effect keeping the first condition of my post above
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

At some stage the Government will tap into the BTL cash cow and start taxing it.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
            X