• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MS Excels itself

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Excels itself

So I am in some new-fangled version of Excel, and I want to insert a row.

Previously, I'd click on the Insert menu, and choose the menu item Rows. Insert Rows, sorted!

Now I look around the menu bar, which reads Home Insert PageLayout Formulas Data Review View. Aha! There is still a Menu called "Insert". But I look there in vain for the option to Insert Rows, because it's not there.

It is in the menu "Home", in the section called "Cells", in the drop-down item "Insert".

Shakes head. I'm getting too old for this. Where's my RTW backpack?
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Yes, moving everything so that it's intuitive hides "old friends" from us who've been using these products for years.

Same issue with Word. Table / Delete / Table moved somewhere I can't remember where now, but took me ages to find it.

Comment

The right click context menu might be easier

Comment

I've only just got used to Office 2003.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post

Previously, I'd click on the Insert menu, and choose the menu item Rows. Insert Rows, sorted!

Now I look around the menu bar, which reads Home Insert PageLayout Formulas Data Review View. Aha! There is still a Menu called "Insert". But I look there in vain for the option to Insert Rows, because it's not there.

It is in the menu "Home", in the section called "Cells", in the drop-down item "Insert".

Or just right click a row and choose insert

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaO View Post
            Or just right click a row and choose insert
            Or just ask your Secretary to get off her pretty little arse and come and show you how to do it.

YMMV

Comment

Top tip;

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post

Old client co was sold this along with training. FFS, what a swindle, move the menu around so that you can sell training. Typical MS sh1t. Give me Supercalc for CP/M any day
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Once you get used to the ribbons they are pretty good - although they take up a fair amount of the screen.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                  X