• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is making derogatory comments about Bankers any better than making them about Bobs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is making derogatory comments about Bankers any better than making them about Bobs?

I interviewed a graduate Engineer the other day and I pointed out to him that he could get a job in banking. I added that no one would like him but he would be rich. He laughed.
    As bankers are a group as are Indians and Catholics and Chelsea supporters why then can we not make jokes about the stereotypes attached to their groups?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

We can. So what's your point?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Some groups are protected due to perceived possibility of discrimination (ones identified by religioun, nationalality, sexual orientation etc).

Bankers are a group that has no such protection.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

And Bankers rhymes with Prankers. And we all know what a load of prankers they are.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
          Some groups are protected due to perceived possibility of discrimination (ones identified by religioun, nationalality, sexual orientation etc).

Bankers are a group that has no such protection.
          They are the subject of abuse and stereotyping even though most of them do not earn much money.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Bankers is such a sweeping statement, do you consider anyone who works in a bank as a banker, or just the front office traders? There is a huge difference between a back office accountant / IT worker and front office banker

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              They are the subject of abuse and stereotyping even though most of them do not earn much money.
              Okay, your point is?
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                They are the subject of abuse and stereotyping even though most of those who I place do not earn much money because my margins are too high
                FTFY
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Bankers are alright. Now, recruitment agents, that's another matter

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
                    Bankers is such a sweeping statement, do you consider anyone who works in a bank as a banker, or just the front office traders? There is a huge difference between a back office accountant / IT worker and front office banker
                    Which is part of my point about making sweeping generalisations. When bankers are referred to as crooks and Bobs are referred to as having bad hygiene related habits they are the subject of jokes. It seems fair game to make these comments about bankers but no about "bobs". why? they are after all both groups.

Comment

Working...
                    X