• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bye bye helios (!)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye bye helios (!)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5156136.stm
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Suggestion

Why dont we just close down the high court here and just send anybody who commits a crime to America?
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Outsource the courts to South America (Bolivia my favourite) and outsource all prisons to China or maybe war torn Africa.

I bet we'd see a drop in crime statistics then in the UK, and a large saving to the taxpayer, and these countries would be glad to provide the services.

Everyones a winner.

Comment

Vote DimPrawn!
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

HAHAHAHA...good job!

Now the f*cker is going to have to suffer the consequences of his actions. Oh, the sweet irony of it all!

His lawyers had argued he could be sent to Guantanamo Bay as a terrorist suspect.
          Think of all the new friends he will be able to make

Bah, they still have the old "human rights" card up their sleaves...so he aint done yet!

Mailman

Comment

Human Rights

Are only selectively applied to people not wanted by the Americans.

Hope nobody has any maxed out credit cards stateside or you may end up in a real nasty American nick.
            There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

you never know they may say it was a premeditated act of computer terrorism and give him a free orange boiler suit and all the benefits that brings

Comment

From the BBC

The UK wanted to be sure that Mr McKinnon would not face a military tribunal, will be eligible for parole and that he would not serve his sentence at Guantanamo Bay.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/5157674.stm

To me this is just another example of us bending over for the US.

Comment

Dont cry for him argentina. The f*cker is now facing the consequences of his actions...its as simple as that.

Im not going to be losing any sleep for him. Although I suspect he probably hasnt had much sleep recently himself

Mailman

Comment

What a noob Ruprect. Thanks for the fame, but that is not me. That guy obviously did not have a decent proxy.
                    Never the less, it is a shame that some intelligent people suffer to maintain the lives of idiots. Considering someone is not bill gates, why bother hacking boxs that are open to the public when you can make money in wire fraud.
                    Despite this i have to say "bye bye Ruprect", "your avatar is too ugly too exist therefor it wont.

Comment

Working...
                    X