• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aaaaaaaargggghhhhhh!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaaaaaaargggghhhhhh!

£350 / day in the middle of London is not competitive!

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    £350 / day in the middle of London is not competitive!
    £350 / day anywhere is crap.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Definitely not great....but if you lived next door to it and wanted a quiet life, then maybe, but when you live 200 miles away and the overnight stay is London

Just wish the guys would put a rate on. Apart form anything else it would reduce the number of applicants they get.

Disappointing as the role was good and the agent sounded like a decent guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Balls it is. Up here £35k is a great salary... and you can live well off it.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Where's that then?

Comment

North-East. Although I assume anywhere in the north is similar if you don't want to live in the centre of a city.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

A lot of people would be delighted to get paid half of that. I think your perspective may have become a little warped.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBass View Post
                A lot of people would be delighted to get paid half of that. I think your perspective may have become a little warped.
                I wouldn't be delighted. Who are these people of whom you speak?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  £35k is my bar bill for the year

Exaggerating of course but I could adjust to that if I had no choice but I have no real commitments other than looking after myself.

What about folks with families, big mortgage, trying to live a lifestyle they can't afford (I know plenty of people who have unrealistic expectations), it's not much to work with unless frugal makes you happy.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBass View Post
                    Er, this is a contractor's forum. Are you in the right place?
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X