• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bob Agency - Wow, just...Wow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob Agency - Wow, just...Wow

Had an email conversation with a Bob Agency today which blew my mind. We are talking about a gig which I could conceivably be interested in, and the client is interested in me, and we agree rate for interview, etc, and then he says "I assume you are a British National, yes?". To which I reply, actually no, I'm Irish. He then says that this will be a problem as the client is based in London and I'll need to be a British national or on a visa to work there.

Jesus wept.

ROFL!!!

Bet he turned round to his colleagues and started moaning about bloody immigrants taking their roles...
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
      Had an email conversation with a Bob Agency today which blew my mind. We are talking about a gig which I could conceivably be interested in, and the client is interested in me, and we agree rate for interview, etc, and then he says "I assume you are a British National, yes?". To which I reply, actually no, I'm Irish. He then says that this will be a problem as the client is based in London and I'll need to be a British national or on a visa to work there.

Jesus wept.
      I had the same trouble being Belgian.
      She clarified I needed to be an EU citizen, as sponsorship wasn't an option.
      I highlighted that Belgium is definitely the EU.
      Oh, how long as that been?
      ...Ah, they like to think that they started the whole thing, and in many ways is its capital.
      Oh.

Comment

Jesus wept.
        haha you muppet. bobs are better and cheaper than you!

Comment

Jesus wept.
          Whenever I get involved with Bobs it ends with regrets. Good luck to you.
          If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Jesus wept.
            I have had a really bad morning.

This has just fixed it. Thank you
            "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
            SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Working...
            X