• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got a favourite charity.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got a favourite charity.

Some bank details have come into my procession and I fancy setting up a direct debit or two ala Jeremy Clarkson
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

procession?

Are you a Bob?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      procession?

Are you a Bob?
      Well my first name is Robert so yes.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Some bank details have come into my procession and I fancy setting up a direct debit or two ala Jeremy Clarkson
        If only you had a valid sort code and 8 digit account number.
        He's pulling your plonker.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          I never really understood that Clarkson story.

Was he just really that stupid or out of touch that he did not realise that his bank details + address was all that was needed for a direct debit?

And what about his editor? Surely a few people read it before it was published? Did they just think "Fire away ya tube, this will make a good story down the line"?

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

Was he just really that stupid or out of touch that he did not realise that his bank details + address was all that was needed for a direct debit?
            Um yes. Although he is paid more per article than was taken from his account.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

Both I suspect, hence why he would make a cracking Prime Minister.

Comment

Working...
              X