• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Begging

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Begging

Every cloud has a silver lining

Apparently Eastern European beggars are making £30 per hour in London these days. I have now set up a "begging agency" where we find the pitch and take 25%.

I am looking for beggars (you will be pleased to hear that they do not have to be Easternn European) so if any of you are interested then free training will be provided.

email me at "[email protected]"
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Will you be providing equipment? Empty/dented can of kestrel super, heavily stained shell suit jacket and packard (badly written on cardboard) extolling the altruistic nature of the donating person, and a dedication to the beggar's favourite deity would surely be necessary to make this business a winner.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect
      Will you be providing equipment? Empty/dented can of kestrel super, heavily stained shell suit jacket and packard (badly written on cardboard) extolling the altruistic nature of the donating person, and a dedication to the beggar's favourite deity would surely be necessary to make this business a winner.
      I am afraid that we are also going to cut their hands off in order to maximise the "feel sorry" look and get the earnings up. It will also stop the the thieving pikeys ... sorry customers, from picking up their... sorry, "our" earnings without us getting our cut (if you will pardon the pun)
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

This is clearly not a whim idea then Dodgy - you seem to have done your research.
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect
          This is clearly not a whim idea then Dodgy - you seem to have done your research.
          Planning is important in any business Ruprect

Comment

Proper Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

threaded in "It's like deja vous, all over again" mode
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Is it more tax efficient to rent or outright purchase the dog on a piece of string?
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                Every cloud has a silver lining

Apparently Eastern European beggars are making £30 per hour in London these days. I have now set up a "begging agency" where we find the pitch and take 25%.

I am looking for beggars (you will be pleased to hear that they do not have to be Easternn European) so if any of you are interested then free training will be provided.

email me at "[email protected]"
                Oil doorit for a fiver...

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                  Is it more tax efficient to rent or outright purchase the dog on a piece of string?
                  you can rent a dog for £5.00 per day with maintenance thrown in.

I havent yet found any good leasing deals on the string. There is obviously another opportunity here for a smart entrepreneur to supply a dog fully integrated "with string"

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                    And is it a BIK or do you genuinely need it to do your job and therefore it's a legitimate expense. I suppose it may be a question of whether you can use it for personal reasons or at the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                    X