• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Large stock market correction due

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large stock market correction due

For the FTSE 100 I predict 6500 ish due in April/May will be the tipping point.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Why? Interest rates in the UK are staying low for years

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
      Why? Interest rates in the UK are staying low for years
      Because that's what happens now. Big investment houses will take profits and turn them into shorts and make money on the way up and on the way down and scoop up all the retail investors hard earned. Then just when everyone looks drained of money they put it back in and make a profit again.

Comment

Because that's what happens now. Big investment houses will take profits and turn them into shorts and make money on the way up and on the way down and scoop up all the retail investors hard earned. Then just when everyone looks drained of money they put it back in and make a profit again.
        Good time to buy when it plummets then?

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
          Or buy loads of short options just before it plummets?
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
            That's my plan.

Comment

That's my plan.
              I have never bought much before, do you stick to managed funds? or go for individual shares in established companies

Comment

You need to factor in quantative easing, money printing, and devaluation of the pound, and so on.

The thing is the FTSE top shares are worth roughly the same percentage of the national wealth (or lack of) as they were 10 years ago, and will be in 10 years time. Of course with massive money printing by the government they have not increased wealth, they have simply increased the number of pounds needed to represent the same percentage of the national wealth. So quantative easing means that average assets like average shares will go up when measured in pounds but not necessarily as a percentage of the national wealth.

Etc

Comment

Right. Got any technical, fundamental or historical evidence to back that one up chump?
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Right. Got any technical, fundamental or historical evidence to back that one up chump?
                    My arrow loving pet monkey just penetrated the lip stick.

Hth.

Comment

Working...
                    X