• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Damn and Blast

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn and Blast

Had a former client get in touch, wanting to know if I would be available for a project tentatively scheduled to start in a week or two. I said I was, and have waited the past few days for news.

This morning got an email saying it should be going ahead, starting either the 18th or 25th - they were just waiting on the PM to confirm this

Then this afternoon, got another email: their end client has suddenly changed things around, with the result that this project has been pushed back a few weeks, at which point they'll have somebody available in house to do the work, so no need for me

Ah well, back to Jobserve

Sorry to hear that Nick.

In a similar situation myself, awaiting confirmation for a short term fixed price project. It's the waiting that's so frustrating.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Got a telephone interview lined up on Monday for a role deffo starting on the 18th! Confirm at 6pm tonight.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Had a former client get in touch, wanting to know if I would be available for a project tentatively scheduled to start in a week or two. I said I was, and have waited the past few days for news.

This morning got an email saying it should be going ahead, starting either the 18th or 25th - they were just waiting on the PM to confirm this

Then this afternoon, got another email: their end client has suddenly changed things around, with the result that this project has been pushed back a few weeks, at which point they'll have somebody available in house to do the work, so no need for me

Ah well, back to Jobserve
        Nickteasers
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Nickteasers

Comment

Working...
          X