• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I have some of what they're smoking...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I have some of what they're smoking...

Rail passengers could face a congestion charge-style hike in rush-hour ticket prices in the future to combat an expected huge rise in customer numbers, it was revealed today.

eh ?

Milan.

The theory is that, if fares increase rush hour only, it will discourage people from travelling at that time when they don't really need to. More space will then be freed up for the poor bar stewards who have to travel in the rush hour and will now be charged more for the privilege

Comment

They'll be sticking a black box up yer bum I guess. :lol

(I think there is an echo)

Comment

Simple economics. When demand exceeds supply, prices rise. We'll have no communist-style fixed price markets here.

Comment

It's obvious innit....

Those travelling during peak hours must be in work, those in work must be earning money, ergo it's only fair that they pay more because they can

sorted

Comment

i conclude if the extra money goes to the government it will be a way of trying to fill the gap lossed from petrol tax as the people switch to the train

Milan.

Comment

Aren't peak tickets already more expensive than off peak?

Comment

"Aren't peak tickets already more expensive than off peak?"

No doubt NL heavies will be around shortly to correct your warped thinking

Comment

i conclude if the extra money goes to the government it will be a way of trying to fill the gap lossed from petrol tax as the people switch to the train
                  English-motherfeckur-can-you-speak-it?

Comment

The best way to solve the overcrowding problem is to charge fat people double. That way the buggers will be forced to walk and get more exercise, and my nostrils won't be assualted each morning with their pneumatic B.O. It's a win/win situation

Comment

Working...
                    X