• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for the contractors in CH

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the contractors in CH

How much are cabs? I need to do about 140km from Zurich on Thursday night.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Also, the whole SBB "we have an excellent public transport system" thing. Really?

According to their website I have to wait until 6:15 in the morning for a train and the journey takes over 2 hours. That's not excellent, it's only marginally less tulip than my daily commute.

<Doodab in holiday mode>
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

OK I've rented a car. What a bunch of scamming ***** that lot are. Insure your excess for £8 a day (**** off), winter tyres for £12.50 (bollocks am I paying extra for you to rent me a legal car, put it in the headline rate or **** off). It's one non stop parade of ******* on the make isn't it.

I'm already pissed off and I haven't even left for the ******* airport yet. ******* holidays, waste of ******* time.

Comment

How much are you loosing per day not being able to bill???
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I don't start loosing hostages at a faster rate when unable to bill until after 12 months

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            For the first time since I became a contractor the answer is "less than the holiday is costing"

******* inflation. I reckon could swear until my own head exploded.

But anyway that's missing the point which is that car hire companies are as bad as airlines, insurance comapnies, estate agents and all the other miserable ******* *****.
            Last edited by doodab; 11 March 2013, 22:37.

Comment

If you want drive 140 Km in a cab from Zürich you´ll probably need a mortgage.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

I think I have internet tourrettes

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  Also, the whole SBB "we have an excellent public transport system" thing. Really?
                  Yes it is an excellent rail system but you need to know how to work it.

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  According to their website I have to wait until 6:15 in the morning for a train and the journey takes over 2 hours. That's not excellent, it's only marginally less tulip than my daily commute.
                  Fook their website. It used to be good but it has gone to the point where they won't give you a price from A to B unless you feed them credit card details first.

Fook their ticket machines also unless you have worked those out.

I blame the twat who I worked with a couple of years ago who applied there for megabucks and wanted to turn it into Web 2.0 on steroids.

Your best best is to hit an SBB counter, speak to someone in person and find the best deal.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    If you want drive 140 Km in a cab from Zürich you´ll probably need a mortgage.
                    The one thing about Switzerland is that folks need a bit of notice.

Thursday night? Yes, totally possible and I could probably find a willing driver but as you say it will cost him a lot at such short notice.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X