• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big data reveals who you are

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big data reveals who you are

We don't seem to have done facebook likes reveal who you are yet.

surely this is obvious. If our profiled cretin buys a particular car (say a Toyota 86) we can assume that other purchasers of Toyota 86's have a strong probability of also being a cretin.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Yes a lot of it is obvious. Would any bloke ever admit to liking Chris de Burgh for example?

(saying that as part of a chat up routine is sort of allowed, but only marginally)

Gay guys apparently like Mac Cosmetics and "Wicked," the musical. For straight guys, it's Shaq, Wu-Tang Clan and "being confused after waking up from naps."
    Never heard of Mac Cosmetics or "Wicked".

Haven't a clue who Shaq and Wu-Tang Clan are either.

But I will admit to "being confused after waking up from naps."

Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      We don't seem to have done facebook likes reveal who you are yet.

surely this is obvious. If our profiled cretin buys a particular car (say a Toyota 86) we can assume that other purchasers of Toyota 86's have a strong probability of also being a cretin.
      I don't do duncebook or twitface or whatever they're called. Those sites are for narcisstic cretins who have no friends, only acquantainces or "followers".

As for who buys the 86, that's easy: self-confident people who like driving fun and don't give a crap about badges. Real motorists in other words, not posers.
      Last edited by sasguru; 12 March 2013, 17:23.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        Me too, but only briefly and only if it's in someone else's bedroom
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post

Doesn't count if you were confused before you started your nap....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Doesn't count if you were confused before you started your nap....
            Surely then you're just wondering what you came into your bedroom for, then wandering back downstairs for a cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Surely then you're just wondering what you came into your bedroom for, then wandering back downstairs for a cup of tea.

and if you wet yourself at anytime in that sequence then big data isn't your biggest problem.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If they ever start mining our cuk posts we're in trouble...
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

As for who buys the 86, that's easy: self-confident people who like driving fun and don't give a crap about badges. Real motorists in other words, not posers.
                  So far I've only seen 2 of them. One inside a shopping centre being displayed by the dealership and one in the carpark of Wella, in fact the hairdresser school part...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    So far I've only seen 2 of them. One inside a shopping centre being displayed by the dealership and one in the carpark of Wella, in fact the hairdresser school part...
                    It's the porsche 924 of the 21st century.
                    944 S2 was a nice car mind. So there's hope.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X