• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PAYE registration HELP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAYE registration HELP

Hi all i have been contracting since sep 2011. my accountant set me up as LTD company . I receive £17300 in dividends and £6875 in salary.

I have recently applied for my wife's spouse visa and the ukba have requested the following information

(a) Where the self-employed person is listed as a director of the company and draws a
    salary from the gross profits of the company:
    (i) wage slips covering the same period as the Company Tax Return CT600; and
    (ii) evidence of payment of PAYE and Class 1 National Insurance contributions where
    applicable covering the same period as the Company Tax Return CT600, where this
    evidence is available at the date of application.

My accountant said he did not register me as paye as my salary was under the threshold

he has now registered me and will provide wage slips and dividend voucher

my question is
    1 will it b a problem to register me now and produce payslips
    2 must payslip match the dates the wages went into my account

You should probably post in accounting/legal if you want a sensible response

Comment

So you've made just over 24k since September 2011?

Can you afford to support another person on that?

#justaskinglike

Comment

Why are you getting such a low salary as a IT contractor ? How do you make a living on such a salary ? 6K ? Is it per month or year ?
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          Why are you getting such a low salary as a IT contractor ? How do you make a living on such a salary ? 6K ? Is it per month or year ?
          This is a trick question, right? I only pay myself about £600 more than that, as do a lot of others here.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Even on £6k, surely PAYE should have been set up?
            Yep, so I'd be a little concerned about my accountant after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              This is a trick question, right? I only pay myself about £600 more than that, as do a lot of others here.

It was a question that UKBA just asked the OP in order to determine if he can support the spouse whom he is planning to bring over to this country.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

PAYE registration HELP

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                So you've made just over 24k since September 2011?

Can you afford to support another person on that?

#justaskinglike
                Need to earn £18,600 pa to import a spouse.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Need to earn £18,600 pa to import a spouse.
                  One would have hoped his accountant would have told him that if they knew his long term plans.

Comment

Working...
                  X