• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The CV site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The CV site

Anyone heard from these guys before?

Two days ago, I had an email from them telling me that they would give me a CV review:
    As a registered member of one of our partners, you have been selected for a free CV review by The CV Site.

One of our experts will analyse the layout, content, style of your CV and will provide you with a detailed overview within the next 48 hours.
    Today, I got another email, thanking me for submitting my CV for a review and offering to rewrite it for me for an unspecified amount. Of course, since I didn't send them my CV, I don't know what version they were reviewing, so don't know whether their feedback is relevant or not.

Anyone else had anything, or am I just one of the lucky few?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Two days ago, I had an email from them telling me that they would give me a CV review:

Today, I got another email, thanking me for submitting my CV for a review and offering to rewrite it for me for an unspecified amount. Of course, since I didn't send them my CV, I don't know what version they were reviewing, so don't know whether their feedback is relevant or not.

I had one yesterday. They give you scores for grammar, content etc..

I just binned it

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Funnily enough I got one very similar from another company this morning.

It said that they would call me. I await it with some anticipation
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        I had one yesterday. They give you scores for grammar, content etc..

I just binned it
        So did I - I assumed they were asking me for a CV.

Then the review arrived just now.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
        X