• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blair as an IT Director

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blair as an IT Director

How do you think Tony Blair would perform if he was the IT director at your current gig ?

What qualities do you look for in the boss and how does TB stack up.

I have trouble working with anyone who has poor communicator skills. Blair is a good communicator with poor communication skills. He gets what he wants to say across very well but doesnt tell me what I need to help me perform better.

I have trouble working with anyone who doesnt treat people with fairness or respect, the way he bypasses the commons is something that continues to worry me.

The last big thing that I would insist on is integrity, Blair has very little integrity that I can see.

I couldnt work for Blair

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Well, firstly, the project would be held up for 'consultations' until he was actually forced to start it.

Disagreeing with him in meetings would mean you are arrested under the prevention of terrorism act.

His wife would keep using the office to entertain business clients and have her hair done.

All the Project Managers would be Scottish, and moan about 1966 all the time.

We'd end up with 2 million immigrants 'contributing to the project', but actually nicking the equipment.

The network would be sold to the French who would then sell it back to us at 3 times the price.

The servers would be nuclear powered.

So, no thanks.
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I reckon he'd be the guy who's seat we poured coffee on rather than the current muppet
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Not being remotely interested in anyone's elses opinions might be a drawback. He always comes across as very reasonable and talks about wanting a debate but in the end the debate just involves him telling you what is going to happen.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Well, when Tony Blair becomes IT director, you will be impressed by his drive.

He will drop your existing products. He will tour other companies, telling them how to conduct their business.

You will soon find that technical details and budgets are beyond him. You'll find yourself having to implement new, half-baked new ideas every week. He will hire incompetent consultants to help you.

None of your new products will work properly, and will lose money. You won't know this for a long time, because he will fiddle the sales figures. Your company will go into heavy debt, requiring wage cuts and redundancies.

The bottom line is that he does not deliver, unless your IT project is to invade a third world state and p!ss off a billion muslims.

Comment

Working...
          X