• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here we go again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go again

https://www.pcg.org.uk/news-events/n...m_medium=email

Opinions wanted on the possible replacement to the Conduct of Agency Regulations. I hope they don't push for an Op-Out this time, but it looks like the propoganda is already starting.

If these new proposals on the “Conduct Regulations” do not provide a similar exemption, then a situation is created where freelancers are considered vulnerable agency workers under one piece of legislation, but not under another.
    No, they are not considered "vulnerable agency workers", they are considered protected by this law, whether or not they may be vulnerable. My contracts and the way I do business is what distinguishes me and my company from a temp. When one particular agency tried to sell me on opting out now with the line "This doesn't really apply to you as it's aimed at temps" my response was "If it doesn't apply to me then it doesn't matter if I opt out or remain in then does it? If a law doesn't apply to me then I don't need to recognise it, even if there are options as to whether someone else can use it. If you think the regulations don't apply to me and I try to enforce them later then you could argue that in court." The fact that I had already been introduced to the client, and received an offer direct from the client, with the agency copied on the email, didn't seem to phase them, but eventually they caved in.

Do as it says and post your views on their forums.

I was surprised by this bit

"Opting out is said to provide a small pointer in favour of being outside of IR35."

I thought it had no effect?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Do as it says and post your views on their forums.

I was surprised by this bit

"Opting out is said to provide a small pointer in favour of being outside of IR35."

I thought it had no effect?
      It probably has no effect. But its such a small pointer I can't see it being an issue.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
      X