• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unwritten, unspoked, perhsaps unperceived rules

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unwritten, unspoked, perhsaps unperceived rules

I saw an interesting comment on an American site that implied that you will be seen as a rule-breaker if you normally arrive at work more than 2 standard deviations earlier or later than the mean arrival time, even if there is nominally no problem with that.
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    I saw an interesting comment on an American site that implied that you will be seen as a rule-breaker if you normally arrive at work more than 2 standard deviations earlier or later than the mean arrival time, even if there is nominally no problem with that.
    Yes, unwritten, unspoken and unpercieved rules are part of my problem with permying right now. They are childish and annoying. That, and the ever popular game of Chinese whispers that managermen play instead of just talking with me, on time and in a reasonable way.

I think I'll be contracting again soon.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

You can spot them in here, they don't have 2 meter long tongues.

Comment

well it's because while you and I may go to a place of work/business/contract to actually do something productive there always seems to be a layer of people playing a completely different game...

normally they are the CEO's mates as he uses them as protection against people who could actually do his job better than him/her - it generally stops the CEO having to prove his/her worth to anyone but stakeholders.

Comment

Working...
        X