• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You want to learn - tough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You want to learn - tough

Shortfall of school places to reach quarter of a million | Education | The Guardian

muppets!

what do we do?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Weird, schools are closing due to falling class sizes round here.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Start another series of Britain's Got Talent to distract the masses from the inevitability of economic ruin and the coming Zombie Apocalypse?
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Shirley this is down to the influx of eastern Europeans, of course the romanians won't send theirs to school cos they will be to busy twocking cars and muggin old ladies

Comment

Privatisation of the education system is the only way forward, surely?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Weird, schools are closing due to falling class sizes round here.
            Not everywhere. We don't have enough school spaces to fill the gap. Some people moving into newer estates are going to be in for one hell of a surprise when they see the schools that have spaces.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Not everywhere. We don't have enough school spaces to fill the gap. Some people moving into newer estates are going to be in for one hell of a surprise when they see the schools that have spaces.
              A few years back, we struggled to get 24 into our reception class - now it's 60 every year.

School was built to take 420, opened taking 300 and this year we've passed 400. This past couple of years has been a "bulge" year in terms in intake throughout the area.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                what do we do?
                Keep the kids at home and anaesthetise them with ciggies and cider and Sky Sports, same as their parents. Most of 'em will never get jobs ever anyway, and will just be dole scroungers, so why bother educating them?

EDIT: the chavvy ones anyway. Nice middle class kids whose parents are seeing house price increases should obviously be educated

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Most of 'em will never get jobs ever anyway, and will just be dole scroungers, so why bother educating them?
                  I think this problem needs a solution. Something Final perhaps.....
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

or Logan's Run ... but with kids running

EDIT: survival of the fittest, death to the fattest

Comment

Working...
                    X