• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any of you geeks into death metal?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of you geeks into death metal?

If so, can you please explain what the growling is about?

I saw a death metal band perform tonight, and whilst I love music in all it's forms... I just don't get death metal.

I'd love it if someone from the scene could explain

I suspect there are many fans on this site
    Last edited by aussielong; 15 March 2013, 14:46.

If you play the tracks backwards, the growling says "all Aussies are tossers"

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post

I saw a death metal band perform tonight, and whilst I love music in all it's forms... I just don't get death metal.

You just don't "get" a whole lot of things, do you?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I think if you have to ask you're probably to old to understand.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

More into grindcore, not specifically for the growling though. *shrug*

It's quite practical though. The kids have grown too fond of "normal" metal, so it's gotta be death metal or grindcore to keep them from bugging me.

Comment

Its tulip isn't it. We take our son to a festival each year because he loves rock music. Usually its download, but we took him to Sonisphere once. It was the year with the big 4 playing - Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeath and Metallica. Out of the whole weekend the only band I actaully wanted to see was Metallica. For the rest of the weekend we had to put up with grown blokes growling at us helped down a microphone connected to a fecking great wall of speakers.

Looks like download will be similar this year!
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I'm happy with the basest of heavy metal guitars, but the moment they move from singing to screaming I just lose interest which is a shame because other than that I love the sound of bands like Gallows, SoaD, SlipKnot, etc.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                Its tulip isn't it. We take our son to a festival each year because he loves rock music. Usually its download, but we took him to Sonisphere once. It was the year with the big 4 playing - Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeath and Metallica. Out of the whole weekend the only band I actaully wanted to see was Metallica. For the rest of the weekend we had to put up with grown blokes growling at us helped down a microphone connected to a fecking great wall of speakers.

Looks like download will be similar this year!
                Yep, but were there lots of young ladies rolling around in the mud?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I'm happy with the basest of heavy metal guitars, but the moment they move from singing to screaming I just lose interest which is a shame because other than that I love the sound of bands like Gallows, SoaD, SlipKnot, etc.
                  I agree. I really like that doom and gloom sound that thrash bands create in terms of their instruments. Its just when the guy opens his mouth. I'd really like to see an audition for one of these bands. What do you have to do to get turned away? I find the same with Iron maiden as there is something in BD's voice that I cant stand. But I really like the sound the rest of the band makes.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Yep, but were there lots of young ladies rolling around in the mud?
                    Steel Panther are the best for that. Last year at Download they kept playing footage from the Steel Panther set - Lots of young ladies with their paps out!

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X