• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Urinal recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urinal recommendations

I'm having a wet room installed and, since the traffic through my house is largely male, I'm toying sith the idea of a urinal.

Any of you lot got one?

Not sure whether to go for one or 2 standalone appliances or get a trough. Most of those seem to be made of cheap metal these days though. I guess a reclamation yard may have an old porcelain trough especially when one considers how many public wcs have closed over the years.

Yes, definitely tempted on a trough - if only for the sport of chasing the fag end from one end to another.
    Last edited by Malcolm Buggeridge; 15 March 2013, 15:47.

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    I'm having a wet room installed and, since the traffic through my house is largely male, I'm toying sith the idea of a urinal.

Any of you lot got one?

Not sure whether to go for one or 2 standalone appliances or get a trough. Most of those seem to be made of cheap metal these days though. I guess a reclamation yard may have an old porcelain trough especially when one considers how many public wcs have closed over the years.

Yes, definitely tempted on a trough - if only for the sport of chasing the fag end from one end to another.

Then there's brand. I'm guessing Armitage Shags is still the last word in toiletry porcelain?
    don't do it - when you come to sell the property the ladies will not be impressed...also where you going to poo?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      don't do it - when you come to sell the property the ladies will not be impressed...also where you going to poo?
      Well, it is a wet room...............

Comment

Oh, there'll be a sit down job as well.

Comment

That's a big wet room

Comment

Will you be getting some of those "toilet mints" to put in said trough, what make the gaff smell all nice?
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Will you be getting some of those "toilet mints" to put in said trough, what make the gaff smell all nice?
              great for aiming practice - but if its a wet room why have a urinal at all...just pee down the trap

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                great for aiming practice - but if its a wet room why have a urinal at all...just pee down the trap
                I think I just invented "urinal subbuteo"
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I got a relief map of the north of england in my bog. every time i stand up, i look at it and think 'thats a relief'

no one else has ever spotted it. I dont think their minds are as highly tuned as mine

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Just put the basin a bit lower than normal (or get a step) then you can pee in there.

Comment

Working...
                    X