• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pub Rock

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pub Rock

thuA real walk down memory lane on BBC4 at the moment.

A programme featuring performances by pub rock bands of the 70s. Dr Feelgood, Ian Dury, Graham Parker etc they're all there.

But the real blast from the past has to be The Motors. I used to like The Motors, especially their hit Airport.

Their inclusion had particular resonance for me because I actually met lead singer Bram Tchaikovsky on a couple of occasions.

Together with my cousin he was a fanatical bivouaker and the pair of them would challenge each other to "bivvy down" in progressively more challenging locations until it all ended in tears when Bram woke up under a pile of ordure after bedding down for the night in a local
    silage pit.

Anyway, since The Motors disbanded, I believe he has been carving out a career as a PR man for the Caravan Club - a somewhat softer ass version of his erstwhile wild man of the woods youth - but best of luck to him.

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 30 March 2017, 20:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
      thuA real walk down memory lane on BBC4 at the moment.

A programme featuring performances by pub rock bands of the 70s. Dr Feelgood, Ian Dury, Graham Parker etc they're all there.

But the real blast from the past has to be The Motors. I used to like The Motors, especially their hit Airport.

Their inclusion had particular resonance for me because I actually met lead singer Bram Tchaikovsky on a couple of occasions.

Together with my cousin he was a fanatical bivouaker and the pair of them would challenge each other to "bivvy down" in progressively more challenging locations until it all ended in tears when Bram woke up under a pile of ordure after bedding down for the night in a local
      silage pit.

Anyway, since The Motors disbanded, I believe he has been carving out a career as a PR man for the Caravan Club - a somewhat softer ass version of his erstwhile wild man of the woods youth - but best of luck to him.
      I remember Airport ... a particular poignancy as the bint was jetting off to foreign lands... I knew in my kitbag I'd never see her again
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

"Airport, you've got a smiling face
        You took the one I love so far away
        Fly her away, fly her away, airport"

Great track!
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Gosh, I'd forgotten all about that song! It reminds me of my courting days. Another such song from a tad earlier is January by Pilot.

Comment

Working...
          X