• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stinking Bishop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stinking Bishop

Smells like someone barfed in my fridge Have had to put it in a carton as well as a bag

Any cheese is just evil.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

I brought one back from France called chit'i.

Had to pin the bastard down everytime I poèmes the fridge to stop it rinning qway. It was very much Alice-oh.

Comment

There's a Sardinian cheese called Casu marsu that's crawling with live maggots!

Mind you, it's probably healthier than most cheeses, because the worms digest most of its fat.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I love stinking bishop but the smell of it gives me a headache.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            I love stinking bishop but the smell of it gives me a headache.
            Yes, the taste was nothing like the stench it gives off! Not a bad cheese but the smell is mental. Thought the cat might have had an accident somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
              Yes, the taste was nothing like the stench it gives off! Not a bad cheese but the smell is mental. Thought the cat might have had an accident somewhere.
              I am always surprised at how mild it tastes.

I always let cheese come to room temp and used to take them out in the morning to eat in the evening. I'd come back in the evening and on opening the door would be greeted by the stink of cheese.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                There's a Sardinian cheese called Casu marsu that's crawling with live maggots!

Mind you, it's probably healthier than most cheeses, because the worms digest most of its fat.
                That sounds superb!

Because the larvae in the cheese can launch themselves for distances up to 15 centimetres (6 in) when disturbed, diners hold their hands above the sandwich to prevent the maggots from leaping. Those who do not wish to eat live maggots place the cheese in a sealed paper bag. The maggots, starved for oxygen, writhe and jump in the bag, creating a "pitter-patter" sound. When the sounds subside, the maggots are dead and the cheese can be eaten.

Comment

I do love a sentient cheese.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I don't care how fckng runny it is

cleese
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)